Please, need help combining TIFF files (1 Viewer)

fearmichaele

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:47
I am in need of some assistance. I have a VBA routine that will scan multiple documents into a folder as a TIFF. The problem is it scans each page as a single document. (e.g. page1.tiff, page 2.tiff, page 3.tiff, ETC). i need to combine these pages together into a single TIFF. I am trying to do this without a 3rd party software. Currently we use paperport for the user to scan outside database and manually place the file in the folder. i am trying to make their job more efficient by adding a button on my form in which the user clicks, they place the documents in the scanner, the scanner scans, the file is named a predetermined name and placed in the destination folder. I have the scanning part done with the exception of having multiple documents instead of one per record.

i found an old post from Pre Access 2010 using MODI. I am using Access 2013 and MODI is not supported any longer. I am stumped. So far my google search has come up with solutions from older versions of Access which will not work with Access 2013.

as an outline of the process i am creating

1. user selects a particular record which includes a persons name and identifying ID.
  2. user places document in scanner
  3. user presses a button on the form
  4. user verifies the correct person name before proceeding
  5. the scanner scans each page
  6. the scanned documents are named using the persons name, ID and a third identifier entered by the user which is already stored in the database
  7. the document is saved in a file folder on a server.
here is an example of code i have found in my search and have been playing with
Code:
Dim TIFPath As String
Dim Tiffin As String

Dim TIFSource
Dim TIFDest
Dim TIFImage
Dim tifp

Set TIFSource = CreateObject("MODI.application")
Set TIFDest = CreateObject("MODI.documents")

TIFPath = "c:\temptiff\"
Tiffin = Dir(TIFPath & "*.tif")

Do While Tiffin <> ""

TIFSource.Documents.Add TIFPath & Tiffin

For Each TIFImage In TIFSource.Documents
TIFDest.Documents TIFImage, Nothing
Next TIFImage

TIFSource.Close

Tiffin = Dir()

Loop

TIFDest.SaveAs "c:\temptiff\CombinedTIF.tif"

Set TIFSource = Nothing
Set TIFDest = Nothing

it does not work because MODI is no longer supported.

Any ideas?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 14:47
I'm not familiar with MS-Access 2013, but can't you make a MS-Access 2010 version through the 2013 version?

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:47
I sure than there is a feature to combine pages when scanning or create separate pages.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom