Print Envelopes (1 Viewer)

bsiemsen

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:36
Hey guys,

Here’s the situation: I need to print @100 envelopes, but the printer physically only holds 10 envelopes at a time, then has to be reloaded, print 10, reload, print 10 more and so on until EOF. I need to have a Msgbox for each reload to tell the users to reload the printer. I need a good approach on how to. I have tried, Do Whiles, Loops, and some Counts. Can't make it work. Suggestions?? (No, getting a new printer isn't an option) :)

Thanx
Bill

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 05:36
Hey guys,

Here’s the situation: I need to print @100 envelopes, but the printer physically only holds 10 envelopes at a time, then has to be reloaded, print 10, reload, print 10 more and so on until EOF. I need to have a Msgbox for each reload to tell the users to reload the printer. I need a good approach on how to. I have tried, Do Whiles, Loops, and some Counts. Can't make it work. Suggestions?? (No, getting a new printer isn't an option) :)

Thanx
Bill
Are you using MS-Access for that, if yes, are you using a report or ...?
I'm thinking of what if the user only put in 9 envelopes, (wrong count), then ... :)
Explain a little more about your process, also how the printer is set up, paper tray and so on ...!

bsiemsen

Registered User.
Local time
Hey hey,

I am using MS Access 2000 with ADO. It is for an annual members information letter and each member has a unique number that is used as the stLinkCriteria when opening the form. I am using a form: frmEnvelopes, with the RecordSource pointed to a query: qryaddresses. I have a current routine that prints 10 envelopes at a time using a loop and DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, 1, 10. The printer is a Xerox 4250 inkjet using the manual input tray - nothing fancy. The users fill the opening with @ 15 envelopes at a time, then press the print button. Print 10, then reload. If the printer jams, I have a routine to print just one at a time.

I was trying setting up variation of a loop with code using " count+1" and rst.movenext to increment the member number. Not working.

Kinda over my head. Any suggestions?

Thanx
Bill

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Could it be so simple as below?
Code:
  Dim x As Long

Do
    x = x + 1
    If x Mod 10 = 0 Then
      MsgBox (x)
    End If
  Loop Until x >= 100

bsiemsen

Registered User.
Local time
Hey hey,

Oh if it were that simple. Your loop code works fine, but it just prints the same records over and over. I am using a DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, x, x in the loop and there seems to be no way to increment the pages being printed - x(from), x(to)count.

I have a much less elegant - semi manual - solution so please don’t spend a lot of effort on this. I was just hoping for some quick down and dirty code.

Bill :)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Hey hey,

Oh if it were that simple. Your loop code works fine, but it just prints the same records over and over. I am using a DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, x, x in the loop and there seems to be no way to increment the pages being printed - x(from), x(to)count.
It was only sample code to show how it could be, (you have to put in the rest yourself), then I read your question as if you had problem to stop the code for each 10 passes.

.. I have tried, Do Whiles, Loops, and some Counts. Can't make it work.

bsiemsen

Registered User.
Local time
Hey hey hey,

We're good. I'm going to let the users just do the manual change - not an issue. I was just looking to see if I missed something. Thanx for you help.
Bill :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom