Queries (1 Viewer)

mikd1970

Local time
Today, 15:02
I need a special query This is a link that was posted on a query
http://downloads.btabdevelopment.com...leCriteria.zip
I need to know how to do that in access. My company has set a deadline for my database and time is geting so short can someone tell me how to create a quuery like the one in the link

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:02
Bad link. Perhaps if you posted what you are trying to achieve?

mikd1970

Local time
OK I need to create a query that will allow me to choose from a list of items in my table and create a report. For example I need to be able to select one of the following

Administration and Management Section C: Personnel
Administration and Management Section D: Training and Staff Development
Physical Plant Section B: Size, Organization, and Location
Physical Plant Section C: Housing

Since the wording is so long I need to be able to select one and then have it bring back all the items listed in Administration and Management Section D: Training and Staff Development for example

wilpeter

Canadian enthusiast
Local time
Today, 14:02
I'm guessing that you have two linked tables, one containing as a unique value "Physical Plant Section C: Housing" for example; and the other being "all the items listed" for that division. Is that correct and if so, what are the two table and field names?

mikd1970

Local time
I have one table. One field I need to find is named Standard the Other is brief description

wilpeter

Canadian enthusiast
Local time
Today, 14:02
I see. You want a simple query that avoids a Parameter in which you'd be obliged to type the whole plant name. A dialog form with a combo box could be used to choose the plant name from a list populated from that field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom