Questions to God. (2 Viewers)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 04:03
[/size][/font]
No it doesn't. If you're unsure about it, you may look all the harder, just to settle the matter, if nothing else. If you don't believe in something at all, you never look for it.

Alternatively, if you ignore scientific evidence because it doesn't correspond with the supernatural view you've decided upon, you're on a slippery slope toward lucky heather, touching wood, seeing ghosts, and the like.

I personally, am a rigorous scientist, and not particularly prone to ignoring anything.

Fortunately for us Heinrich Hertz believed in things he couldn’t see.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
I personally, am a rigorous scientist, and not particularly prone to ignoring anything.

Fortunately for us Heinrich Hertz believed in things he couldn’t see.
Well, good for you. Luckily, you've got the fallback not available to every scientist, where you can neatly box away anything you can't explain as being God's work.

What does Heinrich Hertz have to do with the conversation? If I remember right, his work was on light waves. When did he do work investigating something he firmly believed did not exist, as opposed to something he couldn't see? I can't see oxygen. I'm fully prepared to admit it's present. God is another matter entirely.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Well, good for you. Luckily, you've got the fallback not available to every scientist, where you can neatly box away anything you can't explain as being God's work.

What does Heinrich Hertz have to do with the conversation? If I remember right, his work was on light waves. When did he do work investigating something he firmly believed did not exist, as opposed to something he couldn't see? I can't see oxygen. I'm fully prepared to admit it's present. God is another matter entirely.

I guess I should have said detect with his senses.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
I guess I should have said detect with his senses.
I knew what you meant :)

Still stands. Did he ever say that he believed 100% that he was looking for something that did not exist?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 09:03
There are:
Six Days of Creation, and their six corresponding Divine forces active in creation.
Six letters of the word bereishit, "In the beginning."
Six alefs in the first verse of the Torah.
Six-millennium duration of the world.
Six directions of the physical world.
6 Millenium duration of the world:confused: Bit strange idea of a planet that is approx 4.5 Billion years old by a member of a species that has been around for several million years and was producing art that has survived for nearly 20,000 years.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
6 Millenium duration of the world:confused: Bit strange idea of a planet that is approx 4.5 Billion years old by a member of a species that has been around for several million years and was producing art that has survived for nearly 20,000 years.
Just re-read that post, it also says
Six letters of the word bereishit, "In the beginning."
Is it just me, or are there nine?

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Today, 01:03
Don't shoot the messenger. lol

I looked it up and today's date According to the Hebrew calendar: 5, Nisan 5769. So, Looks like we have another 231 years until the end of this millenium. Don't tell that to the Mayans though.

Is it just me, or are there nine?
Looks like someone forgot to add:

Code:
Dim In The Beginning as Variant

In the Beginning = Mid("bereishit", 2, 6)
Or would a left function be more suited to an "In the beginning" statement?

5*7+6+9-(2*3+1) = 43
Looks like 42 just got shot to hell.

Last edited:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Don't shoot the messenger. lol

I looked it up and today's date According to the Hebrew calendar: 5, Nisan 5769. So, Looks like we have another 231 years until the end of this millenium. Don't tell that to the Mayans though.
The Hebrew calendar is not relevant to the length of the world. The world has existed for approximately 4.5 Billion years. So what on earth is the relevance of 2240 AD. Do you think the world is going to end then. But anyway that does not make the Earth only 5769 years old.

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Today, 01:03
The Hebrew calendar is not relevant to the length of the world. The world has existed for approximately 4.5 Billion years. So what on earth is the relevance of 2240 AD. Do you think the world is going to end then. But anyway that does not make the Earth only 5769 years old.
No, I do not think that the world is going to end. I hope it's not going to anyways. The relevance of 2240 A.D. is in regards to the "Duration of the Word" as indicated by the Jewish religion which remains relevant to the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet which is relevant to 5796 years which brings us full circle.

Before you crucify me, here's what I said in the first post that brought on the whole thing:
These are significant to the Jewish religion in particular. I list these mearly as 'thought provokers' and not reflections on my personal beliefs. These are not included in the gospel according to Lil' Rascal.

The one thing about boards I'll never get used to is the lack of tone. Perhaps I should drop a :D or a :p every once in a while to make sure that my sarcasms aren't lost on cyber ears. :p

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
No, I do not think that the world is going to end. I hope it's not going to anyways. The relevance of 2240 A.D. is in regards to the "Duration of the Word" as indicated by the Jewish religion which remains relevant to the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet which is relevant to 5796 years which brings us full circle.

I think you'll find that the "word" is a reference to what we now perceive as God. In ancient scripts they referred to the creator as the "word" because they did not want to limit it by labelling it and felt that even to call it God would be limiting.

I have not come accross this reference to the duration of the word, it's new to me. Thank you for giving me something new to investigate.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom