RBS Bankers Bonuses (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 03:21
Do you think that it is right for the RBS bankers to all be given big bonuses of our Tax Payers Money even when they haven't met all their Targets.

At a time when people are still be made unemployed and losing their businesses and homes is this a bitter pill to swallow!

Should our government be held to moral ransom with the Bankers threatening to resign if they do not get their Bonus?

Should RBS be made an example of? Afterall we don't want another Fred Goodwin do we... :rolleyes:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I fear that I have lost the plot.
A business goes bust due to the skills ? of its people, it gets bailed out and that year makes a profit so it gives these people a bonus because if it doesn't they will take their expertise ? else where.

Do the banks do the same for the small business man?

Brian

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 19:21
No they should not of -

if they had said the bonus's were for the little people and the boss bankers were not getting one - then I might of been slightly more agreeable - but on this occasion - its a straight forward "No - this is wrong "

I am not against bonus's in the right situation - but not from bankers unless they make vast monies from investment - which very few have done in the past 2 years-

investment fund managers should be performance related - the better the fund the bigger the bonus - but bankers - who in effect just sit on money and do nothing with it - other than lend it out incorrectly should be shot if the bank loses monies-

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
I,m with Brian - although if they did manage to recover/repay large % of the monies lent to them - then I might change my mind as long as its a differnet group of peole whom have recovered the monies -

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I,m with Brian - although if they did manage to recover/repay large % of the monies lent to them - then I might change my mind as long as its a differnet group of peole whom have recovered the monies -

If its a different set of people to those who lost all the money - then some kind of well structured bonus is OK - I thought it was supposed to be long term bonus- (ie if its sustainable profit rather than short term - has this been ditched already).

If its the same people - well I wouldn't worry about them resigning - should have hung them in trafalger sq.

5000 people getting a bonus of 1 million plus. I'm starting to feel sorry for bank robbers - who get 10 years in jail. When others get a million bonus.

****ed up completely.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Why not just sack the fu!*ing lot of them before they carry out their threat to resign, let's face it none of them are an fu!*ing good anyway, we wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place if they were!:mad:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 22:21
I have to say that I somewhat disagree. This is similar to the situation where the bank execs all took a "business" trip to Las Vegas and spent a lot of money shortly after the federal bailout. The reason why the economy continues to plummet is because people are becoming continuously scared to use money. The less money that is used to buy things, the worse off the economy becomes. The money that was used in Vegas helped support the businesses and middle men working for them there. It's a domino effect. Without people spending money, including the millionaires of the world, we would all be hurt.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Fine Vass Just give me a million and I'll help a few businesses.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Top level executives of a company answer to the shareholders who rate the performance of the return on their investment and the executive bonuses are based on that performance and those agreements.
The president level and management below that post are the people who are answerable to the actual company and these are the ones who are underperforming and should be delt with first.
Most people are not informed of this fact so it always looks like they are all crooks as the media is making a lot of profit selling bad news and feeding on everyones fears.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:21
the Bankers threatening to resign if they do not get their Bonus?

Let them take up their option - if they resign, who would miss them? If they were that good, the bank would not have got into trouble in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom