Reference problem in an MDE. (1 Viewer)

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 12:38
Hi,
I have created an mde that was installed on more than 30 computers. All of them work fine but one who gets a message saying that there is a broken or missing reference. How can I repair this knowing that I cannot access the references in a mde?
Thanks!

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 12:38
Thank you Bob!
I didn't quite understand the text from the first link you sent me. (My English is not very good or my Access knowledge is underneath what I thaught it was.) All I understand is that it is better to use «VBA.FunctionName» or «Access.FunctionName» than just the function name. I don't know if a lot of people do it this way, but I don't think that it is very practical. Anyway, it could be good for starting a new database but can never be done on an existing database with hundreds if not thousands of procedures and functions. Cannot use the replace function to have every «Left» become «VBA.left» since «Left» could be a word used in a commentary or in a string.

For the second link, it seem fine at first, but found out that it doesn't work with Access 2002 stating that it was made with an older version. I sent an e-mail to the authors to see if they have a newer version of it. Will post the link if they send one.

If you have other hints, please post them here for me.

Thank you for your time!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:38
Check out this one -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/194374

They have the code with which you can refresh your references automatically. The code itself looks for error 3075 but you can change it to look for all errors when opening the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom