Refresh unbound controls (1 Viewer)

majhl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:45
I have a form with a subform. The subform contains a combo box (bound), from which the user can select a parent. The subform also displays some other data relating to the parent in a number of unbound controls. These get updated when the user selects something from the combo box.

If the parent does not appear in the list, they click on the 'Add New Parent' button, which opens another form. Here the user can add a parent, go back to the other form/subform, where the new parent now appears in the combo. All of this works fine.

However, if the user wants to edit the parent data, I run into problems. The suer opens the same form as they did to add a parent, which now displays the data relating to the parent they want to edit. They edit, close and save the record successfully.

When the user goes back to the form/subform, I can requery the combo box on the subform with:

Forms!MainForm!SubForm!combobox.requery

How do I requery the contents of the unbound controls to show the edited data? I understand that the requery method will not work with unbound controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom