Rememberance Sunday. (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 04:39
I see it this way

1) Unfortunately there is a need for the Military chartiies to raise money, because of ineptitude of government. (okay also applies to other disadvantaged people)

2) Who actually wins in a war ?. Not many. Maybe it should serve to remind that many innocent people get killed, injured or great loss.

3) Mankind learns but slowly. In 90 years it seems we have learnt little of the true outcomes of war.

4) We should continue because perhaps mankind will learn

L

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 20:39
Well put Len,

A militray Pension isn't that great to get the full 44/60 entitlement you need to do 22 years - sounds good only doing 505 of the requirement - however you are on call 24 hours a day to do just about anything that is required ..

further a lot of the down and outs (Bumms/Tramps) are ex service - unable to adjust to "normal" life

These young men and women are damaged goods and need a bit more support than other as they are doing theis countries will ( i.e the goverment)

could we say the same about policemen/firemen/ambulance NHS staff yes we could however there salaries are higher than the armed forces andwith the ability to walk away ..

my opion (ex foces myself so bias) is that we do need to remeber and respect the forces - the polictians that put them there - lets hang them ..

dapfeifer

Bringing Maverick Mojo
Local time
Yesterday, 22:39
Don't mean to pick, but it is actually Veteran's Day here tomorrow, not Memorial Day, which is in May.

Veteran's Day is obviously aimed at honoring the veterans from war, while Memorial Day is more a day to honor the deceased, with an emphasis on fallen soldiers.

Personally I have no problem with this. Given the sacrifices they have made, physically and mentally, personally and professionally, I feel they deserve this respect at all times but, as someone else has mentioned, it sometimes takes law to make people recognize and respect such individuals.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
Yep, you are right, it was a slip of the "fingers".

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 04:39
I feel it is important to honour those who have come forward to give up everything for the sake of others, this includes those on the front line and the people close to their hearts.
I feel the same towards those persons who are doing the same these days. Even though I do not neccessarily agree with the mission they have been tasked, they are still never the less risking everything and more.

What fifty said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom