Removing all layouts from a report (1 Viewer)

JOC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:59
Hi, I've moved from Access 2007 to Access 2010 - as a previously confident, experienced and dare I claim pretty competent Access 2007 user I'm still not convinced of the wisdom of this, but am sticking with it though I still feel a bit like this: :banghead:at times.

Anyhow, I'm getting a report set up and have dragged various fields to it. Is there a way of removing all these rotten 'layout' groups in one hit and just being able to shift all the fields about individually as I used to do. I have worked out how to be rid of them individually, but a single click to say remove from report and all sub-reports would be great. I do get rather fed up with Microsoft's presumption that we need all this stuff by default, surely they provided a way to turn off all this un-necessary 'default' functionality? Many thanks

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Ctrl + A (to highlight all) > go to Arrange tab on ribbon > to the far left click Remove Layout (or right click on the highlighted controls and you'll see a menu for that).

JOC

Registered User.
Local time
vbaInet - that is just superb - thank you very much for the quick response - that will def. reduce the undercurrent of 'muttering' that has been issuing from my office for the last hour. I like CNTRL and A as well - I know a fair few shortcut combos, but that is a new one :D I had looked online, but couldn't find that set out anywhere, and in common with most work places, we just tend to be given the software with the assumption that we can cope with it with no training :confused:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You're welcome!

Yeah, Ctrl+A works pretty much everywhere, from Word to Excel to Notepad to a Web Browser. It's been around for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom