Rich text field in form - bulleted list icons look has changed (bad) (1 Viewer)

EdK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:02
Hi all

Some time back the drop down bullets I was using in a form's rich text memo field changed

from

1614732640136.png

to

1614732694716.png

I have not idea why but would love to have it fixed as it looks terrible both on screen and when printed out in a report.

It seems that MS Access 2007 has just the one option for its RTF button list, which is as per the first image. Yet when I click on the command button in the menu bar above the form, it creates the stupid looking "dot points" as appearing in the second image.

It used to work fine. The way it is now, is annoying because I frequently print off that report for myself and others to use or refer to, and at present it looks a bit stupid ....

Can anyone suggest (a) what is (or might be) causing this (b) how it can be fixed, please? By the way, no use talking code to me, it is way above my head.

Hoping you can help

EdK

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:02
have you change the Text Format from Rich Text to Plain text.

EdK

Registered User.
Local time
No, I don't think so - in design view, the property sheet for that RTF control says "Text format -- Rich Text". And I can do underlines, bolding, etc for any selected text. EdK

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:02
msgbox dlookup("theMemoField", "theTable"),
do you see <ul> .... </ul>,
if not then, can you post the code.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:02
@EdK
I imagine MS has released an improvement at some point that changed the bullet you originally inserted to something else.
See if you can copy and paste a table entry into word or notepad, and determine the specific character that is being used.

As @arnelgp says, it actually stores HTML tags in the rich-text field to get the effects.

EdK

Registered User.
Local time
@EdK
I imagine MS has released an improvement at some point that changed the bullet you originally inserted to something else.
See if you can copy and paste a table entry into word or notepad, and determine the specific character that is being used.

As @arnelgp says, it actually stores HTML tags in the rich-text field to get the effects.
Thank you for your involvement. Unfortunately I can't even successfully do what you suggestabove, so it's nfa for now, thanks EdK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom