Rittenhouse - innocent or guilty? (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:35
Not suggesting anything.
Just wondering and figured we would get that part over with!
What escalated the situation?
No idea. Obviously some bad history involved. Although I am a gun owner and fully support the 2nd amendment (blah, blah, blah) one of the very reasons I do not carry it with me is that I am afraid of my own temper - I could see myself doing the same thing in the heat of the moment and I do not need the baggage that would come from killing someone.

The deceased posed no threat to life and no real physical threat until the shooter brought out the rifle. And when he did, the deceased approached him, tried to take it from him, even though he hadn't leveled it at him.

The whole thing was unavoidable and tragic.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I am a gun owner and fully support the 2nd amendment
Me too and I carry all the time.

tried to take it from him, even though he hadn't leveled it at him.
Kyle fired a shot at his feet. Not so sure he tried to take it. He pushed it away.
When he pushed Kyle away he did not appear to be going after kyle who was 10 feet away when he fired.

Kind of ironic that his name is Kyle.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:35
Speaking of connecting the dots in a weird way... ... ...

There’s a reason that the Waukesha massacre has faded from the national media.

There’s a reason that MSNBC and CNN and CBS refer to it as merely a “parade crash” and quickly move on to other news.

There’s a reason that President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris have not prejudged the violent, racist, BLM-supporting career criminal charged with murder for driving his SUV deliberately into a Christmas parade in the mostly white Wisconsin town of Waukesha on Sunday, killing six innocents, including an 8-year-old boy, and injuring 62 others.

Waukesha is of no interest to these people, not just because the story does not serve their political purposes, as the Kyle Rittenhouse case did when they wanted to paint Donald Trump as a white supremacist.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
No guns involved. No racial undertones. No argument about the definition of self-defense.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:35
How do the police describe the suspect nowadays if they don't yet know their preferred pronouns?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I wish the judge had the balls to televise the Ghislaine Maxwell trial. Apparently "WE" have to be spared the sensitive nature of her little black book. In reality, they wish they could banish her to France without revealing her dirty little secrets. Let the chips fall where they may.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I wish the judge had the balls to televise the Ghislaine Maxwell trial.
If they put it on pay-TV it would draw a huge audience. Maybe she'll "accidentally" hang herself before she testifies.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I haven't listened to it with audio yet, but I'm pretty suspicious of the overall probative value of any video that begins at virtually the end of a scene...

I mean since we're talking about provocation & escalation..

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Here is an interesting "intersection". Lori Lightfoot claims that retailers need to take greater action in protecting their business. No mention of the responsibility of government to protect citizens and/or businesses. Logically, that would imply that individuals, such as Kyle, can legitimately take aggressive actions necessary to maintain law and order. Unfortunately, as experienced by Kyle, the prosecutors will still be going after those who are attempting to protect society. Seems to be a no win situation besides the obvious refusal of government to fulfill its responsibilities to protect society.

“Some of the retailers downtown in Michigan Avenue, I will tell you, I’m disappointed that they are not doing more to take safety and make it a priority,” Lightfoot said. “For example, we still have retailers that won’t institute plans like having security officers in their stores. Making sure that they’ve got cameras that are actually operational, locking up their merchandise at night, chaining high-end bags.”

PS: Since posting, the topic of the Seattle Chop Zone surfaced on Fox News. So how about this wild idea in conformance with Lightfoot's desires that retailers take greater action to protect their businesses. The creation of a "Public Safety Chop Zone" were retailers form a committee of "Public Safety" to arrest, convict, and punish miscreants on the spot. No need for local government to be involved or expend resources, so you can go ahead and defund the police.:sneaky::sneaky:

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Guess the fox just couldn't understand why the kitty didn't just give up....

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
"Public Safety Chop Zone"
I could get behind that. No one wearing a hoodie or a mask gets into a mall. Blockade the shopping district. No one wearing a hoodie or a mask gets in. It has possibilities:) Have the guards at the entrance/exit armed and authorized to shoot. You can give them tasers or tranquillizer darts. We don't need to kill people. But we do need to stop them and arrest them.

Reminds me of the day my boss and I were walking down the main shopping street in downtown Nashville. We were coming up to a big department store with lots of windows across the front. Andy saw someone whose arms were full coming up to the door so he reached over and opened it like the gentleman he is and the guy ran out with his arms full of purses followed by two clerks yelling "stop thief". This was 1973.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So, Moke, I'm guessing you think the kid was wrong to shoot the thief. I don't, at least in principle. Depending on the state though, he will probably be charged with murder whereas the thief will not be charged with anything. This isn't America anymore.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:35
From that range? Someone needs to give the kid shooting lessons. Because of his inexperience, the perp only gets a Darwin Awards "Honorable Mention."

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
So, Moke, I'm guessing you think the kid was wrong to shoot the thief. I don't, at least in principle. Depending on the state though, he will probably be charged with murder whereas the thief will not be charged with anything. This isn't America anymore.

Actually my first thought was why the F is a 14 year old packing as he appears to take it out of his waistband.
I think it is wrong that the kid had access to a gun in the first place regardless of who he shoots. And I'm pro-gun.
I was just shopping today for a new gun because, with my pandemically induced belly, my everyday carry makes my pants fall down. Merry Christmas to me ! 🎄🎅

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The left has put everybody in danger with their weak on crime policies they have forced everyone to carry including 14-year-olds.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Our legislatures pass laws that the executive branch refuses to enforce. Then when they do choose to enforce, they enforce them unfairly. If they don't agree with your politics, they throw the book at you. If they like you, they give you a pass. The Supremes who could resolve this are a total joke. Sure sounds like a banana republic to me. Thanks Dems. And a big hand to the feckless dog poo Republicans who let them get away with it. Meanwhile, the Russians and Chinese are watching. We will see Ukraine and Taiwan invaded before the end of Biden's term. We don't really care about the Ukraine but Taiwan will be a real loss to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom