Rookie User Problem (1 Viewer)

robertbrockie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:11
Fisrtly I want to mention that I am not aware of the programming language used in access. I need laymen answers. My problem is that I have two tables, they need to be lined to two forms (I think I did that right). Then the main form must be linking to the sub form. I tried using LinkChildField in the help but I cannot find that field in the proterties. I really need some help here thanks for reading.

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Yesterday, 21:11
In order to link these two forms as master and sub form you first need to make sure there is a field in both table that contain the same information and link them together that way.

For example if you have a table for employees it may contain an EmployeeID. If you then have a table for Work In Progress an employee would have to be working on it. So instead of putting the employee name back in the second table you would put the EmployeeID in there. The EmployeeID becomes your link for the tables.

Now once you create the forms and put them together go into the design view for the Master form and you will not be able to see the details of the sub form - just a big white square.

So left click on the sub form to select it then go to its properties and on its data tab will be the field for linking master - child

Good Luck

robertbrockie

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks but my problem is with finding the sub forms and master fields in the properties.

Here is what I have done:

2 tables and two forms
1 contains information (general) about International Students. The other contains information (specific) about that student's marital information. The problem is that Access will let me reference and view them but when I add a new student, but do not add any spouse information the program craps out.

BTW - I used an ID (autonumber) for the reference between the two forms.

Another note: I don't have anything related to the Switchboard is that important?

Thanks

AccessUser

Registered User.
Local time
Click once on the subform so it has handles. The title of the Properties box should say 'Subform/Subreport'. Click on the Data tab. You should find the properties you are looking for here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom