Search Form (1 Viewer)

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
Ok I think this is a tough one. If not please smack me upside the head for being dumb

I am using Access 2010 on an Access 2003 Database

I am creating a elaborate search form. Let me explain

The is is a continuous form and the first field is called TableName. There is combo box control called cboTableName. This populates the first field with the table name

The Next control is also a combo box called cboFieldName and it populates the second field with the Field Name. These two boxes work in conjunction where the first one controls what items are available on the second one. This is working great

The cboFieldName also populates a field called 'HasDrropDown' with either True or False.

The next field is called Criteria. Here is what I need. The cboFieldNames afterupdate event needs to trigger something that turns the criteria field into a plain text box or a Combo Box that is related to the selected Field Name based on the value in the HasDrropDown field. If true then we get the related combo box and if false we get a regular text box.

Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:33
What exactly are you searching for? There may be options.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:33
Perhaps you can have a text box and a combo box, both not visible. Then change the visible property depending on which is required.

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
What exactly are you searching for? There may be options.

The database has a primary table with many sub tables
I need to be able to search all of these at once, incorporate greater than and less than for dates and numbers, incorporate Null for all fields and Like for text fields

their are approximately 95 fields. Some of the text boxes use combo boxes and those have to be incorporated as well

Last edited:

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
The solution ended up being as follows.
Combo Box 1 controls content in combo box 2
Combo Box 1 and 2 control the content of Combo Box 3
An if statement controlled whether or not there was a combo box needed for the criteria
and on big ass table with all of the combo box criteria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom