Solved Search terms for not-commented debug clean-up (1 Viewer)

snow-raven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:22
Anybody good with writing search terms that would find all of my debug.prints that are not commented out? I'm not ready to remove them, I just want to know they aren't there sending secret messages in the background of my compiled program...

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:22
interesting question, if your db is compiled (i.e a .accde), I don't think the immediate window would get populated - but take shanemac's advice for how to disable them

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
interesting question, if your db is compiled (i.e a .accde), I don't think the immediate window would get populated - but take shanemac's advice for how to disable them
That was an interesting thought, so I did a quick test. Unfortunately, the Immediate Window did get populated using an ACCDE. :(

snow-raven

Registered User.
Local time
the simplest option is via find/replace for the project

find debug.print
replace 'debug.print
in the whole project
That's a good point; I don't have to just replace the debug.prints; there's nothing wrong with ''debug.print. See - this is why I need you guys.
That was an interesting thought, so I did a quick test. Unfortunately, the Immediate Window did get populated using an ACCDE. :(
Thanks for testing! I’m not sure why it bothered me, since my users would never think to look, but it feels sloppy. Since this db has been evolving from spreadsheets over the course of about 4 years, I am striving very hard for ‘not sloppy’!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:22
@theDBguy Just curious - how did you test since with .accde you not have access to the vba window? Perhaps I've been missing a trick all these years?

Belay that - worked it out:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom