Self-taught (1 Viewer)

naterook

Local time
Yesterday, 21:10
Hi all. I'm self-taught in Access. I first started using it about 20 years ago and then didn't for another 10 years... and then didn't again for another 10 years.
I'm picking it back up and some of it come right back and some of it is a little frustrating, but I'm excited to learn more.

I live in the US and I do outsourced CFO work for small businesses. Looking forward to getting the help here I'm seeking. :)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:10
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:10
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:10
In the strictest sense, many of us are self-taught in Access - like me, for example. I learned database principles and SQL on other systems - an older DEC Datatrieve and a fairly large ORACLE-based app. But Access, I learned for myself. Hasn't seemed to hurt me to have done so. (If there are a few rounds of comments from my colleagues, try to not laugh TOO loudly.)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:10
Welcome Nate!
Let me see if I've understood this
"I first started using it about 20 years ago and then didn't for another 10 years... and then didn't again for another 10 years."

You started ~2002, did nothing for 10 years (2012) and then nothing again for 10 years (2022).
Hmmm!
Welcome to AWF regardless. Glad to have you.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:10
Hi Nate @naterook

Welcome to AWF. I'm self-taught too, having learned Access many years ago when it still came with books (which I read cover-to-cover)

I've learned much more though, from participating in forums! ... because someone else had a better solution than the one I proposed. We get 'set' in our ways ~ so the biggest thing you can do, imo, is be open and widen your perspective ...

naterook

Local time
Yesterday, 21:10
Welcome Nate!
Let me see if I've understood this
"I first started using it about 20 years ago and then didn't for another 10 years... and then didn't again for another 10 years."

You started ~2002, did nothing for 10 years (2012) and then nothing again for 10 years (2022).
Hmmm!
Welcome to AWF regardless. Glad to have you.
Pretty much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom