Senators Obama, Clinton, Biden and Dodd Vote AGAINST English as our Official Language (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 17:53
They've got to waste our money on something:rolleyes:

Yeah, and God (or Goddess) forbid that they should waste it on something sensible, like a decent increase for their staff :eek:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, and God (or Goddess) forbid that they should waste it on something sensible, like a decent increase for their staff :eek:
Or remembering that they are supposed to serve us, and not the other way around that's happened in the last few years;)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Or remembering that they are supposed to serve us, and not the other way around that's happened in the last few years;)

They? :D ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Teachers get it easy anyway. They only work till 3:45, they get about 3 months paid leave plus bank holidays.

Teachers should get paid 4 weeks leave like everyone else and the rest should be unpaid.
I get sick and tired of teachers moaning on how hard their life is whilst they're on their 6 week holiday in the summer. Then they only work a couple of weeks and have to have another week off for half-term. Then they've got the cheek to have a "non pupil day" after their holidays. Why can't they return to work a day earlier if they want a non pupil day?

They say they do marking at home. . . . .why? they have enough free periods to get that done. Shall I go on?

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Teachers get it easy anyway. They only work till 3:45, they get about 3 months paid leave plus bank holidays.

Teachers should get paid 4 weeks leave like everyone else and the rest should be unpaid.
I get sick and tired of teachers moaning on how hard their life is whilst they're on their 6 week holiday in the summer. Then they only work a couple of weeks and have to have another week off for half-term. Then they've got the cheek to have a "non pupil day" after their holidays. Why can't they return to work a day earlier if they want a non pupil day?

They say they do marking at home. . . . .why? they have enough free periods to get that done. Shall I go on?

Col

LOL, have you seen how long it takes a teacher to figure out a simple database for keeping a childs records? Even after training it can take them weeks just to update one pupil. :D

By all means, go on. I'm not a teacher, there are more than just teachers work in education.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:53
So how come when you go into any government building or school in the UK, the signs are all in approximately 12 different languages?

Hopefully, because more enlightened countries will now recognise that not everyone speaks their language. I am not saying that English should be the 'official' world language, just that it is.

Probably too late to turn back the tide and I am awfully greatful I won't need to learn Mandarin or Spanish at my late stage in life

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:53
Just because you're logged on doesn't mean that you're not reading other posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom