Senators Obama, Clinton, Biden and Dodd Vote AGAINST English as our Official Language (3 Viewers)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 10:07
And I have told you thats exactly how I use it? But you persist with the idea I am being rude?

I have some work to do! As such my light goes on and off.

You seem to be demanding my full attention from start to finish. I apologise, I can't do that. I have work to do, and a home to go to?

As you know I do log in and out regularly?

I see your point, but I think it a little rude, for you to expect me to hang on ever word, ie be logged in paying attention, just to get a reply whenever that may come?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:07
Nah, I think you're lying. That'd mean you log in, post and log right back out as I have never seen your light on. I think most people login, maybe read a little and make a post or two then alt tab over to their other work. Then in a few minutes alt tab back over to the forum to see if anyone has made a response to their post. And most times when they're done posting/reading they let the browser session time-out on it's own. All that logging in and out makes no sense...

But why should you care what I think - We're just two no-bodies butting heads in cyberspace :p

(on it's 'own' - is that correct?)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
How reasonable Ken.

I have offered you an explanation of whats going on, which is the truth and despite any evidence you decide to call me a liar.

Most people might leave the browser open - I do not - cos I am doing something else, so my browser shuts. Its quite simple. I've Explained a few times now. If my light is not on - I am doing something else.

You even offer yourself an explanation - ie most poeple. OK I am not leaving my browser open as most do when I go off to do something else. My light is on when I am genuinely here?!

How does that make me a liar.

And you call me rude?

And quite rightly I agree why care - just jump straight to the liar accusation, despite explanation!

And haven't bothered to ackonowledge that perhaps my way of doing it is more polite, ie if I am here my light is on?

Whereas you admit most are doing something else and leave the light on.

ffs!

Ps I have been elsewhere - have witnesses for the past 2 hours if thats necessary for you?

KenHigg

Local time
You log in, click past the login confirmation page, browse and read all the threads you're posting to, do a ten line response (or two or three), all so fast your green light never comes on? You are fast - :p

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Accusations without eveidence again Ken. You have the facts just choose to ignore them.

How do I do it if as you say my green light never comes on.

I am posting to one thread its not difficult.

As a way of explaining how I may be doing it if I am lying......

Perhaps when you tab off , my green light is on. Sorry thats not an explantion is is - just lies as far as you are concerned!

Sadly you can't tell the differance. As I know. But you think I am lying.

Whats does a red light mean?

KenHigg

Local time
Then log in and stay in for a few minutes...

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Why - so I can justify the truth to someone with nothing except responses of liar and a demand that I hang on your every word, by doing nothing else in the day.

I was logged on for the best part of an hour before?

All facts you happily ignore?

Any back track on calling me a liar? Or are you stciking with your paranoid rudeness? Despite an explanation you offered yourself?

Whats the red light?

Local time
Today, 12:07
Weird thing is, I've never seen either of your lights on even though you both posted within a couple of minutes.

It doesn't really matter but since you bring it up...

And back on topic, I like English. It is good.

Hukt awn fawnix werkt foor mee

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
There you go Ken!

I like English George too, it has its place. Some people think its useless even when travelling the world to use anything else. (with a few exceptions)!

I don't love it that much!

KenHigg

Local time
There you go Ken!

I turned mine off for a few minutes to check something - ;)

When you disable the green light (go into 'invisible' mode) your profile will not display the 'Last Activity' message in your profile. Your profile does not show it so the conclusion must be that you lurk around here in 'Invisible' mode - ?

KenHigg

Local time
See - Now George's green light is off while he's still online and 'Last Activity' message is gone... :)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Ah so maybe I appear red. My ignorance of these matters nor yours makes me a liar.

Can you see a red light then Ken?

KenHigg

Local time
Ah so maybe I appear red. My ignorance of these matters nor yours makes me a liar.

Can you see a red light then Ken?

I saw it on my message when I disable the light.

Paul, I truly apoligize for being rude and calling you a liar, whether you knew how it worked or not. Promise I'll never mention it again outside of this thread... If you want to leave it off then leave it off :)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Disable what light?

As i said I wasn't lying, you still seem to doubt it. I wasn't aware I never would show a green light.

Perhaps a examination of the innocent possibilities before you call me a liar next time?

Do I show red then?

ewomack

Registered User.
Local time
Whatever gets legislated as an "official language" will remain irrelevant as long as we remain a multi-lingual environment. And we are. To cite just one example: some stores (Home Depot) now have English/Spanish signage. And for good reason: it may expand their clientele. Limiting language will only limit our experiences. We should be teaching more languages rather than limiting them.

KenHigg

Local time
You have no light. You must have checked the 'Invisible' mode in your profile.

User CP -> Edit Options -> Use Invisible Mode

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 18:07
For better or worse, English is (or will be) the 'world' language.

So how come when you go into any government building or school in the UK, the signs are all in approximately 12 different languages?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:07
So how come when you go into any government building or school in the UK, the signs are all in approximately 12 different languages?
They've got to waste our money on something:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom