Sever backend Connection (1 Viewer)

brharrii

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:29
I had a split database that I wanted to do some structural work on so I made a copy for testing and converted the tables to local tables (Right click -> convert to local table) to help me keep from breaking anything too permanently. The changes ended up taking longer then I expected them to and out of laziness I did some data entry in the "test database" figuring that I would just split the database again later and everything would be ok.

So up until this morning I was thinking that I had an out dated front end, an outdated back end, and the new test database which I had been working on that contained all of my current tables, queries, forms, reports and vba in one application. Upon archiving my outdated back end and front end databases I discovered that my new test database (which i was about to deploy for live use) would no longer open. When I attempted to open it, it acted as if I'd opened access without specifying a database. So I restored the back end to it's previous location and I was again able to open the new database.

- I've checked and double checked the linked table manager, it doesn't show any linked tables to my out dated backend database.
- I've made a copy of the new database and tried splitting it out into FE and BE again thinking maybe it would reconfigure something and resolve the problem
- I've compacted and repaired
- I've decompiled my vba code

something sneaky is still linking my new database with all local tables to the old back end database and I haven't been able to figure it out. :banghead:

Any thoughts on what I might have missed?

Thanks!
:)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:29
Check you have updated the correct ODBC connections assuming this is how you connected?

If you are on 64 bit make sure its the ODBCs link under SYSWOW64 not the normal system one.

brharrii

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:29
Hi Minty,

Thanks for the response. I think pretty much all of that might have gone over my head.

So I looked up ODBC it looks like that is something I access from control panel -> administrative tools?

I looked up SYSWOW64 as well but I'm not sure how I check on it.

Are these things i should be checking in Access itself or are these windows settings you're asking me to check?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay - lets step back a bit.

Is this an access split backend or SQL?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I would do something simple like create a new back-end table in where you think the back-end is stored and try and connect to it. If you can't then at least you will have something different in that back end to search for... Bit of a puzzle though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom