• Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:40
@Jon

Well, that went sideways, for me at least. I don't put cars, politicians, etc. in the same category as trolls. Even being rude does not qualify as being a troll, you're just a *jerk* or stupid, maybe both. I can ignore them and in some cases even reason with them but trolls... they delight in causing discourse.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:40
I don't put cars, politicians, etc. in the same category as trolls.
It depends if you exclude the "things that harm" category.

Earlier, you said:

trolling should be made illegal as I have never seen a harmless troll.
By that, it suggests to me that because trolls are harmful, they should be made illegal. Therefore, should we ban things that are harmful? Like cars? Walks in the park? The meat industry?

I can ignore them and in some cases even reason with them but trolls... they delight in causing discourse.
If you persuade the troll to continue their behaviour by rewarding it, should we be blaming you instead of the troll? If you gave crack to a crack addict, who is to blame, given that the crack addict can't help themselves?

I bet a troll would love reading this thread!

Last edited:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, okay...

While cars, politicians and yep, walks in the park *can* cause harm they do not set out to do so, unlike trolls who do. That said, perhaps one could persuade a troll to control themselves however, it's their nature. But maybe it does depend on my ability to persuade, however, I doubt it as they are looking for ways to twist no matter what. And I would have the same feeling for a politician or car that purposefully set out to harm me or anyone.

You know thinking more on this maybe we should commit them. :unsure: Then if they actually do reform they can come out and join us. Nope, feeling better making them illegal.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I understand the argument of intent. But as a troll, let me twist no matter what. Here goes... :D

walks in the park *can* cause harm they do not set out to do so, unlike trolls who do.
You decide you want to take a walk in the park, knowing that you will be crushing them poor bugs. Your intent is to enjoy yourself at the expense of others, just like the troll. "I love a good walk, bit of fresh air! I intend to enjoy myself whilst harming our little critters and knowingly do so. Oh, there goes another one!" Even if you wanted to step around them but accidentally took one out, it makes no difference to the bug if you had intent or not. You crushed them. Harmed beyond all recognition. They have families you know! And you never even gave them a thought...Cruel!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, so going to say I never thought about the bugs but I have hit a bird with my car and OMG I lost it in the car. I was screaming that that bird had a family and maybe it was a mommy and was flying home to feed babies. I finally just took deep breaths, said a prayer that G-d will handle it. At which point I started laughing realizing I might have gone off the deep end. So yes, I get it we do harm without intent to do harm. BUT trolls do harm WITH intent. Surely that is the difference?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I hate hurting animals accidentally with my car. And especially moths! Those poor things just can't seem to get out of the way and they go splat on impact!

Imagine you are in a steamroller. [I am chuckling away to myself here as my analogies are getting out of hand!]

On the left is the troll in his own steamroller. Lined up are half our forum members in front of the mechanical beast. On the right is you in your steamroller, revving it up and smoke coming out the back! The rest of the forum members are lined up in front of you.

And we're off! The troll wants to squash the living daylights out of each and everyone of you, laughing madly as he does so.

You are out of milk and fancy a cup of tea. Between you and the corner shop are the sweet, gentle and kind regular members down here at Access World. You lean forwards and plant your foot to the floor. You do a wheelie! The front comes down and lands on one of the Mods heads, crushing the living hell out of them. Its a bumpy ride but you get your milk. The tea tastes great! Milk first, of course.

You look over your shoulder at the bloodbath the troll left behind and sigh. "It shouldn't be allowed you know!"

Last edited:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
I hate hurting animals accidentally with my car. And especially moths! Those poor things just can't seem to get out of the way and they go splat on impact!

Imagine you are in a steamroller. [I am chuckling away to myself here as my analogies are getting out of hand!]

On the left is the troll in his own steamroller Lined up are half our forum members in front of the mechanical beast. On the right is you in your steamroller, revving it up and smoke coming out the back! The rest of the forum members are lined up in front of you.

And we're off! The troll wants to squash the living daylights out of each and everyone of you, laughing madly as he does so.

You are out of milk and fancy a cup of tea. Between you and the corner shop are the sweet, gentle and kind regular members down here at Access World. You lean forwards and plant your foot to the floor. You do a wheelie! The front comes down and lands on one of the Mods heads, crushing the living hell out of them. Its a bumpy ride but you get your milk. The tea tastes great! Milk first, of course.

You look over your shoulder at the bloodbath the troll left behind and sigh. "It shouldn't be allowed you know!"
I needed that laugh! :ROFLMAO:

Since it's me on the other steamroller, I am having my tea without milk. Hmm, since it's green tea never needed milk to begin with. There is just no way I can see myself taking that chance that my needs outweigh even the needs of the one and justify harming someone intentionally. (I channeling Spock here.)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Since it's me on the other steamroller, I am having my tea without milk. Hmm, since it's green tea never needed milk to begin with. There is just no way I can see myself taking that chance that my needs outweigh even the needs of the one and justify harming someone intentionally. (I channeling Spock here.)
Decisions are not always that easy...

You have a train belting down the track at 80 mph. The troll is at the wheel. "Oh no, not him again!" You stand by the junction with your hand on the lever. If you don't pull the lever, the troll takes out all nine Mods. He gets his day! You have to clean up the mess afterwards with a shovel. If you do pull the lever, the train gets diverted to the side track and down a sink-hole where Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa are using up your left over teabags for a relaxing cup of tea!

What do you do?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
@Jon

Hmm, should have known this was going to get harder. First I say a prayer asking for forgiveness and save the Mods and turn myself in pleading guilty. My logic was age.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You do realise thats murder? And with intent!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:40
Since both Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa have already passed away, I say send the train down the sinkhole, save the mods, and teabags be damned.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Either way, it isn't a pretty end for the troll.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
You do realise thats murder? And with intent!
Like I said, turn myself in pleading guilty. I would expect that gets my life in prison depending on which State in.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:40
Aw, heck, there IS the old USA strategy...

Show the jury all of his posts. They will never convict you of wrongdoing in that case.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Last edited:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
IMO, trolling should only be illegal if it involves other crimes. Deliberately pissing someone off because you found a hot button you can push is rude and asinine, but it is also free speech. However, taken to extremes, you wind up with things like SWATTING, which absolutely 100% should be illegal because they are literally actively trying to get someone killed.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Here's a thread for you, Jon:

"If there is no free will, then are prisons and punishment wrong?"

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Is doxing a form of SWATTING?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I keep posting things because I want people to get lost in the maze of threads, and they are unable to find the exit door of Access World! They become prisoners despite having free will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom