Some people... (1 Viewer)

laxster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:05
I don't know, to be honest. I have never actually sat down and thought of all the bad things, categorized them, and then ranked them.

Probably because all the good things by far overshadow and outweigh the negative.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:05
That's a lot of emotion Vas.

Not really. I just write him off as another ignorant human being. He's lost any credibility with me. For anyone to claim a natural disaster that kills children, babies even, is an act of punishment from God for "sins" their ancestors "committed," they've obviously lost touch with their humanity. They are worthless to me at this point.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 18:05
Not really. I just write him off as another ignorant human being. He's lost any credibility with me. For anyone to claim a natural disaster that kills children, babies even, is an act of punishment from God for "sins" their ancestors "committed," they've obviously lost touch with their humanity. They are worthless to me at this point.
Most unfortunate.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 17:05
Actually thinking about it. Americans will never admit or accept that there is anything wrong with the USA - so I don't hold out much hope for any sensible answer here.

Col

I think there's something wrong with every country Colin. Including yours. England is not all that, and the US certainly is not either. But of course, you would never admit that, since you're always the only one that's right, huh? :rolleyes:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 23:05
I think there's something wrong with every country Colin. Including yours. England is not all that, and the US certainly is not either. But of course, you would never admit that, since you're always the only one that's right, huh? :rolleyes:
To be fair I have read posts from Colin pointing out things he feels are wrong with England. I particularly remember some sharp criticis of the North of the country:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

There are many things wrong with the UK.

The government is crap, but I don't know if any other will do any better. People are depressed about everything from the weather to the current cricket scores.

Our old people care homes are like torture camps with people left to rot in their own effluent.
The roads are crap and full of potholes. The local councils don't have enough money to run their services as they would like - yet billions is given to bankers for failing.

Hospitals do their best, but all beds are always full, nurses are leaving in droves, doctors are mostly foreign and have communication problems. Big mistakes are made and people die when they shouldn't.

Petrol is massively expensive yet the companies make billions in profit. The army is ill equipped, soldiers die daily many through lack of suitable gear / vehicles / helicopters.

Gas, electric and water prices are sky high. And you get people from the north moving into the south.

Shall I go on? There's plenty more.

Col

dcb

Normally Lost
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:05
People are depressed about everything from the weather to the current cricket scores.

Col

Well as for the cricket - There is NOT plenty more - one wicket to be exact until you lose the match... At least you draw the series
THATS ALL US SA's COULD HOPE FOR

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Well as for the cricket - There is NOT plenty more - one wicket to be exact until you lose the match... At least you draw the series
THATS ALL US SA's COULD HOPE FOR
Only 'cause the umpire needs glasses

dcb

Normally Lost
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:05
Only 'cause the umpire needs glasses
For all 18 Wickets hey?

Thing is "YOU" would've won if you had sent us in to bat first - not the pitch to bat in overcast conditions.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Ouch.....
Sorry have to go watch Arsenal.... suppose thats not a sport either?:eek:

Ps. Who's Mick Jagger?:p
Arsenal's not worth watching anyway, like Chelsea and the Puds:p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Arsenal's not worth watching anyway, like Chelsea and the Puds:p

Can't disagree about the puds, mindyou although we are playing utter c**p the rest aren't exactly leaving us far behind.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 15:05
There are many things wrong with the UK.
The government is crap, but I don't know if any other will do any better. People are depressed about everything from the weather to the current cricket scores.
I do not think the government controls the weather... they might have their hand in fixing cricket games.
Our old people care homes are like torture camps with people left to rot in their own effluent.
Why do you not take care of your own elders?
The roads are crap and full of potholes. The local councils don't have enough money to run their services as they would like - yet billions is given to bankers for failing.
What do you worry about roads for - you are always suggestion people should live closer to services - if it is a no brainer for third world countries then would it not make sense for England people?
Invest in banking - I hear there are millions to be made!
Hospitals do their best, but all beds are always full, nurses are leaving in droves, doctors are mostly foreign and have communication problems. Big mistakes are made and people die when they shouldn't.
I guess the big cleanout of dead wood from the NHS two years or so back did not fix everything.
Petrol is massively expensive yet the companies make billions in profit.
That is not depressing for those who can afford to invest in the companies stocks.
The army is ill equipped, soldiers die daily many through lack of suitable gear / vehicles / helicopters.
I did not know the army was defending your homeland.
Gas, electric and water prices are sky high.
I have absolutely no idea why people would pay for water :confused:
And you get people from the north moving into the south.
Well at least the northern people are cleaver enough to move closer to the services as you have prescribed as the cure for third world countries.
Col
Sure - tell us more please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom