Some people... (1 Viewer)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 02:40
Every now and again someone comes along and does something or says something that is so awful that you just have to shake your head in disbelief. This is a classic case:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

If I had a list of the top 5 things wrong with America, he and those that consider themselves followers of him would definitely be on it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 07:40
So what are your top 5 things wrong with America?

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Some people take a long time to grow up, some never manage it, the same seems to apply to countries.

Brian

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Every now and again someone comes along and does something or says something that is so awful that you just have to shake your head in disbelief. This is a classic case:

If I had a list of the top 5 things wrong with America, he and those that consider themselves followers of him would definitely be on it.
A good point. I am sure that the best way to correct faults is to first recognise that they exist.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Actually thinking about it. Americans will never admit or accept that there is anything wrong with the USA - so I don't hold out much hope for any sensible answer here.

Col

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 01:40
Actually thinking about it. Americans will never admit or accept that there is anything wrong with the USA - so I don't hold out much hope for any sensible answer here.

Col

Now that's just plain not true.

statsman

Local time
Isn't that the same in every country?

If I say somthing negative about my country it's fine.

If someone from another country says somthing negative about my country, those are fighting words.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time

Col
Do you actually believe that?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Do you actually believe that?
Impossible to tell with Col. He does enjoy winding up people especially when they rise to the bait. I suspect in real life he enjoys a nice days fishing:)

Last edited:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time

Seems to me he has a point. Not that I believe what he's saying, but it stands to reason, if you are a religious freak and you see people playing around with voodoo and their country gets "smote", what else are you going to think? It's not that he's tactless, it's just that he's stuck in a time warp back in the dark ages.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Isn't that the same in every country?

If I say somthing negative about my country it's fine.

If someone from another country says somthing negative about my country, those are fighting words.

Not so...

I know my country has gone to the dogs, and if anybody from outside my country says it I would agree with them..

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 23:40
He does not have a point. Most of Haiti is catholic and not practising voodoo. Even if they were voodoo ceremonies it has NO connection to devil worship as most christian faiths would define it, only the uninformed or ignorant would bent the truth to those ends. Sort of the same way some ignorant people condemn 'alternative healing' methods as witch doctoring or whacko medicine.

Seems to me he has a point. Not that I believe what he's saying, but it stands to reason, if you are a religious freak and you see people playing around with voodoo and their country gets "smote", what else are you going to think? It's not that he's tactless, it's just that he's stuck in a time warp back in the dark ages.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Not so...

I know my country has gone to the dogs, and if anybody from outside my country says it I would agree with them..
You're just being d*mned unpatrotic:eek:. How dare you insult our glorious country. You cad, sir:D

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
At the same time, why should the entire country have to answer for what this one idiot says. We have people like him holding signs spouting damnation on South Beach in Miami. We ignore them. I'll do the same with this heartless ass.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
At the same time, why should the entire country have to answer for what this one idiot says. We have people like him holding signs spouting damnation on South Beach in Miami. We ignore them. I'll do the same with this heartless ass.

What are you talking about?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Well it's simple, the US is full of cranks, just don't let one of them rise to the Presidency again

We didn't. :D

I'd like to apologize for 2002-2008 as well. Sorry about that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom