State of the Union (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 05:21
BarryMK said:
Perhaps I should offer to broker a truce? If Ken was to refrain from referring to Col as a quadruped's posterior, perhaps Col would temper any strongly worded retorts about Ken?

How about it guys?

Whispered aside:

"where angels fear to tread"

I'm game. But perhaps we should examine the cause of Ken's strongly word retorts in the first place. ?

And technically, I did not refer to Col as a quadruped's posterior - ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:21
Rich said:
You're American ?:confused:

Yes Ken's American, what's confusing about that? :confused:

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Yes Ken's American, what's confusing about that? :confused:

Brian

Glad you showed up Brian... Your buddies are beating me up a bit. :( Can you ask them to play nicely..:D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hi Ken

unfortunately rich thinks I'm a closet American, via Burtwood airbase, so takes no notice of me, Col seems a bit sensitive these days, probably suffering from SAD, needs a trip to Spain.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Hi Ken

unfortunately rich thinks I'm a closet American, via Burtwood airbase, so takes no notice of me, Col seems a bit sensitive these days, probably suffering from SAD, needs a trip to Spain.

Brian

Maybe we could all pitch in and pay for Col a holiday trip south. (I wonder if he rides his scooter through that tunnel thing when he goes over? - That'd be really cool)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The Channel tunnel is a rail tunnel , you drive your vehicle onto it and get transported. I think he sails to Santander on Spain's Northern coast.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Talking of holidays I'll be passing your way May 2008 as we are doing a trip that spends a night in Atlanta, I think it starts in Dallas and ends in Washington. We've been trying for a couple of years but Katrina washed it out as it takes in New Orleans, they tried to switch to a couple of nights in Natchez but although that pleased us, done New Orleans before, there were not enough takers.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Talking of holidays I'll be passing your way May 2008 as we are doing a trip that spends a night in Atlanta, I think it starts in Dallas and ends in Washington. We've been trying for a couple of years but Katrina washed it out as it takes in New Orleans, they tried to switch to a couple of nights in Natchez but although that pleased us, done New Orleans before, there were not enough takers.

Brian

Cool - Do you have any idea what area of town or hotel you will be staying at? If the schedule/location is convient I could buy you lunch - :) :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Kind offer Ken, but a quick check shows that we are going the other way ,Washington to Dallas, and we spend a day in Savannah before arriving in Atlanta in the evening, then the following day its off to Montgomery after a brief city tour.
The problem with not being able to do "fly drives" any more is that we are in other peoples hands.

Brian

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
KenHigg said:

Indeed - technically you referred to him as a "horse's ass", I was merely substituting a euphemism for your more vulgar terminology so as not to execerbate any offence previously taken.

You sure you're not a lawyer, that was splitting hairs unnecessarily.?;)

I can see that diplomacy may fail here. I withdraw from this peace initiative accordingly, bloody but unbowed.:)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Col seems a bit sensitive these days, probably suffering from SAD,

LMAO :D doesn't the sun ever rise in Essex?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
LMAO :D doesn't the sun ever rise in Essex?

Unlike some of us, ie me ;) , Col will be at work for the short time that the sun shines in the winter.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
I'm game. But perhaps we should examine the cause of Ken's strongly word retorts in the first place. ?
Ken got all pissy because I said "that black geezer" - can't really see whats wrong with that myself, but hey-ho, American "morals" must prevail I suppose - they do after all run the planet so we must bow to their superior knowledge:rolleyes:

not on that occasion.

Brian said:
I think he sails to Santander on Spain's Northern coast.
Correct - either that or to Bilbao on the same coast. However, in May I shall go from Plymouth to Santander, I booked it last week and the return trip will be Bilbao to Portsmouth.

Brian said:
Col seems a bit sensitive these days, probably suffering from SAD
Yes I hate winter and I've got NHS burn-out. Time to stop and do something different.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:

Brian
I saw Georgia on the telly the other night, it seems to be one big swamp thats about the size of Wales.
New Orleans is not built yet (I don't think) - no point in going there

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
ColinEssex said:
and I've got NHS burn-out. Time to stop and do something different.

Col

Yes my daughter, and most of her colleagues, are suffering from this. We are off for a long weekend with her shortly, weather permitting, nowhere special just a break from routine and to stop her working all weekend.

Brian

PS the sun is brilliant here today and not too cold about 4 Centigrade.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Yes my daughter, and most of her colleagues, are suffering from this. We are off for a long weekend with her shortly, weather permitting, nowhere special just a break from routine and to stop her working all weekend.

Brian

PS the sun is brilliant here today and not too cold about 4 Centigrade.
we had snow last night, so had to bus it to work, our road was sheet ice and snow. Cold wind here, a bit of sun, it freezes your nuts off popping out for a fag:rolleyes: time for a brew now - try to get one of the girls to make one

Col

KenHigg

Local time
BarryMK said:
Indeed - technically you referred to him as a "horse's ass", I was merely substituting a euphemism for your more vulgar terminology so as not to execerbate any offence previously taken.

You sure you're not a lawyer, that was splitting hairs unnecessarily.?;)

I can see that diplomacy may fail here. I withdraw from this peace initiative accordingly, bloody but unbowed.:)

You're quite articulate yourself...:D :D

Technically, I did not even call him a horses ass. ;)

(Good chatter... ;) )

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
time for a brew now - try to get one of the girls to make one

Thats sexiest :D good idea tho' I was the only guy in the office during my last years at the charity and we had an arrangement, I fixed their computers they made the brew. There was a fresh mug on my desk when I rolled in in the mornings.:cool:

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Bejesus those girls are still at it

Post 17
Col said
if he's from Georgia, he could be a moderator
Ken assumes , probably correctly that that's aimed at him so replies

And if he's a horses ass he could be from essex

Which col must assume is aimed back at him.

Now call it a draw , kiss and make up and put your handbags away.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom