Solved Sudden loss of tables, queries, forms on network (1 Viewer)

Alt

Local time
Today, 17:34
Hi everyone,

We're using an accdb with several tables/queries/forms/... (ex. one table linked to an sql server and several tables linked to excel workbooks). All those files (accdb and xlsx) are on a network.

Yesterday morning I got a support call related to "Sudden loss of tables, queries, forms on network". I open the DB and "nothing in it... but filesize look fine.

I DL and did a try to (**************** for Access) trial and it seem like all are still inside. I've done several tries to bring back tables/queries/etc back into the left pane without success (event repair/compress doesn't work)

This is the 1st time I see this "bug". Is (**************** for Access) a good option (table linked to SQL is close to 7000 records).

Thanks for reading and share your solutions.

Note: I plan to buy a software to recover content of the accdb file but shall I recover directly at the file location or may I copy paste it on my laptop 1st? Propably more a question for the software customer support but want to know your feeling.

Last edited:

nector

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:34
Try to import all the objects in a blank database and see if you will not get anything. Here I mean copy the database on the server to your machine, run also antivirus before importing.

If you no access or excel on your server for sure you will not see anything

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 14:34
Hi everyone,

We're using an accdb with several tables/queries/forms/... (ex. one table linked to an sql server and several tables linked to excel workbooks). All those files (accdb and xlsx) are on a network.

Yesterday morning I got a support call related to "Sudden loss of tables, queries, forms on network". I open the DB and "nothing in it... but filesize look fine.

I DL and did a try to (**************** for Access) trial and it seem like all are still inside. I've done several tries to bring back tables/queries/etc back into the left pane without success (event repair/compress doesn't work)

This is the 1st time I see this "bug". Is (**************** for Access) a good option (table linked to SQL is close to 7000 records).

Thanks for reading and share your solutions.

Note: I plan to buy a software to recover content of the accdb file but shall I recover directly at the file location or may I copy paste it on my laptop 1st? Propably more a question for the software customer support but want to know your feeling.
Before investing money in a tool that may, or may not, solve your problem, you'd be wise to check out a few possibilities that DO NOT involve "missing tables".

Nector offered one possibility.

Write a query like "SELECT * FROM NameofTableYouKnowShouldBeAvailable" You'll have to do this in SQL view, of course.

Does it return records or not?

Create a copy of the existing accdb. Note the exact file size on disk. Run a Compact & Repair on the copy. How much does that file size change? It's not going to be exactly the same, and the amount of decrease could vary, but if it's relatively minor change, the tables are probably still there. If it's a large change, then they probably aren't.

Check the system tables. Right mouse click on the Header in the Navigation Pane.
1671287115151.png

Select Navigation Options and check the settings under Display Options to show Hidden Objects and Show System Objects.

What does that reveal? You should see at least the system tables.

Again, using the SQL view in query designer, run this query: "SELECT & FROM MsysObjects"

It should show all objects in the database, including the non-visible tables if they are still there at all.

Colin (isladogs) created a tool that explores accdbs. It automates a lot of the above steps and should provide a lot of useful information.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Any changes to the network? Mapped drives?

Have you tried a back up copy of the front end?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
"Sudden loss of tables, queries, forms on network". I open the DB and "nothing in it
Do all the users share a front end on the network? Or do they have individual local front ends?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:34
you can upload your troubled db? i have **************** for Access.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:34
What does the **************** mean?

Take a windows copy and keep it safe, before you try anything. It could be a corruption.
Can you put it on another pc that has Access? See if the issue is related to your work server etc.

Alt

Local time
Do all the users share a front end on the network? Or do they have individual local front ends?
Users are filling their specific excel files (tables) which are 1st sync using power query then sync again using specific access queries.

Alt

Local time
What does the **************** mean?

Take a windows copy and keep it safe, before you try anything. It could be a corruption.
Can you put it on another pc that has Access? See if the issue is related to your work server etc.
It was the name of software manufacturer... don't know it's automatically hidden.

Alt

Local time
Any changes to the network? Mapped drives?

Have you tried a back up copy of the front end?
error messages are related to the path of some tables.... nothing major, we'll revise the path of those. I've done a check and data seem to be the latest one. Still investigate how this occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom