Summer Solstace (1 Viewer)

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Today, 18:18
Good for you :)

thanks Ken...my wife isn't as grateful considering the time i have to set the alarm for..:D

but then some'one has to walk and feed the dog

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:18
The concept of Christianity is a noble one. You have stated the principles well.

It all seemed to go wrong when "religion" got into the act.

Not unlike the concept of government.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
The 'end of the world' theory has been pretty well much incorporated into every spiritual creed throughout the ages. Kind of ironic really that Col champions it.

Oh I don't think it will end as such, but "as we know it" of course it will. There is a case for the end of the world as we know it having happened during the industrial revolution - until then the world as we (or they) knew it was completely different. I think we're resillient. If dinasaurs can adapt into birds (or councillors) then we can adapt too :D

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Which god? :confused:

Rich!!!

The one true God!!

that's who.....be careful He's everywhere at once and might have his smiting arrow pointing in your direction.

Rich = next Smiting target...

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
The concept of Christianity is a noble one. You have stated the principles well.

It all seemed to go wrong when "religion" got into the act.

Not unlike the concept of government.

absolutely...as a faith 'Christianity' is a model way of living...as a religion i feel it cemented itself into the doldrums of the past...

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Rich!!!

The one true God!!

that's who.....be careful He's everywhere at once and might have his smiting arrow pointing in your direction.

Superstitious nonsense. No proof except for that forged by the "religious" lobby to further their powe and influence

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
absolutely...as a faith 'Christianity' is a model way of living...as a religion i feel it cemented itself into the doldrums of the past...
Quite agree. Christianity as originally described is an admirable way of life that does not need a belief in superstition to justify it

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Quite agree. Christianity as originally described is an admirable way of life that does not need a belief in superstition to justify it

phew..thanks for agreeing in the prinicple..the value that underpins the belief...

Ok Jesus asked us to believe in him being the Son of God and that he is the bridge between us and God as our wayward ways have led us away on our own destructive course...and that he paid for the sins we did/have/will commit in the future for we are not perfect..as it was pointed out in Colin's West Country 'typo' earlier..

R

Rich

Rich!!!

The one true God!!

Ah you mean simply put, Mother Nature, because every crank religion claims to have THE ONE TRUE GOD

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Ah you mean simply put, Mother Nature, because every crank religion claims to have THE ONE TRUE GOD

but then isn't Mother Nature a figment of your belief to anthropomorphise something that isn't actually of a physical embodiment....else why not stop at 'Nature'..using Mother means you surely fall into the same trap as religion..

..guess that makes you a crank by another name...:D

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:18
blah blah blah Jesus and God are mythology... why are people so thick. To beleive in a religion is to beleive in magic, fairies and hogwarts.

and then you have cults such as Scientology... lol

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
blah blah blah Jesus and God are mythology... why are people so thick. To beleive in a religion is to beleive in magic, fairies and hogwarts.

and then you have cults such as Scientology... lol

so you're saying my diploma from Hogwarts schoal of witchcraft and fisheries is a..??? fake????:D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
says the non believer...:)
Sorry Sam I thought you were a believer in Christianity which has always denied the existance of magic and fairies. My apologies for not getting your faith correct.

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Sorry Sam I thought you were a believer in Christianity which has always denied the existance of magic and fairies. My apologies for not getting your faith correct.

don't worry rabbi..i've lost the plot...i'm reading this and the thread titled 'Mind you don't get wet' and got carried away..LOL...guys in the office think i;ve lost it too so it's confirmed..LOL>>.!!..just got to the bit about german panzers and fell about in stitches

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
By the way and not wishing to hijack this thread in any way (although it seems to have several strands anyway) me new blues rock band BlueTube
http://www.bluetube.org.uk/ played its inaugural gig on Sunday at the Prince of Wales pub situated some 20 feet from the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham (and the nearest I'll ever get to playing there!).

I have seen the one, true Barry! Let us join together in harmony and be sheltered in the Church of the Bluetube!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom