Superbowl Sunday (story) attn (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

Guest
Portray presidents preposterous pontification
 

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:53
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
1,274
Bodisathva boisterously bragging...

Steelers slaughter Seahawks...

Stupendous Steel-City SuperBowl:D :D :D
 
R

Rich

Guest
Stones steal show serenading Steelers, singing several Seahawks shanties surreptitiously
 
Last edited:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
1,470
Stones still suck.

Jagger's jowells jangling.

Death depressingly delayed.
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
Did you read that the Yanks put a 5 second delay on transmitting the Stones concert? so it could be "vetted" before transmission:rolleyes:

It seems they were sh*tting themselves that something like the Janet Jackson episode would be repeated.

Plus, they faded out 2 parts of songs because they thought the words were offensive. . . . . . . .:rolleyes:

It seems its ok to shoot people but not to listen to a line from a Rolling Stones song? Link

The Times said:
One word was removed from Start Me Up, apparently a reference to a woman's sexual sway over a dead man while lyrics for Rough Justice included a synonym for rooster which was also censored.

This was the first show where a five-second tape delay had been imposed on the Super Bowl broadcast, a legacy of the Janet Jackson controversy.


Col
 
Last edited:
R

Rich

Guest
And the lyrics for Satisfaction had to be changed, I mean like the song's only 40yrs old :rolleyes:
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
Rich said:
And the lyrics for Satisfaction had to be changed, I mean like the song's only 40yrs old :rolleyes:
Yes, but you mustn't upset the sensitive US viewers because they will be shocked. Thats why their TV is censored.

Col
 
Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
Rich said:
Americans aren't amused :eek: :D
The ABC arn't - they charge $1.5 million per 30 second advert during the (is it US football or rounders) game

I always get confused with the "World Series" - is that the rounders game?

Col
 
Last edited:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
1,352
ColinEssex said:
I always get confused with the "World Series" - is that the rounders game?

Col

Dangerous ground Col, you can rattle their cage about guns, hunting, Bush, the CIA, the religious right etc but best to lay off the national sport - that could be grounds for invasion.:D :D
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
BarryMK said:
Dangerous ground Col, you can rattle their cage about guns, hunting, Bush, the CIA, the religious right etc but best to lay off the national sport - that could be grounds for invasion.:D :D
I do always get confused between the two.

American football is where the players line up and rush at each other even though they haven't got the ball, then beat the cr*p out of them - I think thats the super bowl

The "world series" is the rounders game where only one country participates.

I think thats got it.:D :rolleyes:

Col
 

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
1,224
ColinEssex said:
I do always get confused between the two.

American football is where the players line up and rush at each other even though they haven't got the ball, then beat the cr*p out of them - I think thats the super bowl

The "world series" is the rounders game where only one country participates.

I think thats got it.:D :rolleyes:

Col

Accually, it's two countries. Canada has a few teams in Major League Baseball. I guess other countries could be a part of it if they wanted to send a team that goes through the 160 game schedule, make the playoffs, go through the playoffs, win their side of the playoff and then go to the World Series. Problem is I don't think too many countries have baseball and the ones that do, probably don't have teams that could compete on the Major League level.

American football. The guys who don't have the ball, get pushed around and roughed up. The guy who does have the ball is the one who gets the crap beat out of them.
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
Thanks for explaining that Shane.

I recall now someone a while back indicated there was 2 countries in the "world" series - it may interest the organisers to know that there is in fact more than two countries in the world - maybe they need to get out more;)

So I was almost right with regard to the tactical play of the American football.:D

I've only seen snippets of games on telly - it seemed a bit boring, they stopped every 15 seconds for a chat, if I recall correctly (or was that baseball:confused: )

Oh well never mind

Col
 

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
1,224
ColinEssex said:
Thanks for explaining that Shane.

I recall now someone a while back indicated there was 2 countries in the "world" series - it may interest the organisers to know that there is in fact more than two countries in the world - maybe they need to get out more;)

So I was almost right with regard to the tactical play of the American football.:D

I've only seen snippets of games on telly - it seemed a bit boring, they stopped every 15 seconds for a chat, if I recall correctly (or was that baseball:confused: )

Oh well never mind

Col

Well, I guess we really didn't mean to hurt the worlds feelings by calling it the "World Series." I guess a 100 yrs. + ago, when it got started, they might have figured no one would mind us calling it that since no one else played it.:)

They stop every 15 seconds cause they just got the crap beat out them and they need to get their wits back. I guess every sport, that you know very little about would be boring. I know hardly anything about ya'lls brand of football (soccer to me) and I can't watch it for more than 5 min. cause it just gets too boring, but I'll admit that if I knew something of setting up plays to score, and some of the rules so I could get mad at the ref's for making a bad call or a no call, it would probably make the game a lot more interesting to me.

Got to run to work. Finish out your day good Col.
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
ShaneMan said:
I know hardly anything about ya'lls brand of football (soccer to me) and I can't watch it for more than 5 min. cause it just gets too boring,
I presume you've not watched a cricket match for 5 days then;)

Col
 

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
1,224
ColinEssex said:
I presume you've not watched a cricket match for 5 days then;)

Col

Ok, I'm at work now and have a couple of minutes. No, actually, I've never watched a cricket match in my life. I know there's a sport called cricket and it looks like (to me) that it may be something like our baseball. ( I think)

BTW I did say that if I knew more about any sport, it would probably be much more interesting to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom