Table Rich Text Column Color (1 Viewer)

gstreichan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:39
Dear friends, need your help.

I wanted to know how I can set a color on table column formatted as rich text and memo. For instance this table has 4 different columns of remarks, one from each engineering operating center. Remarks_1, Remarks_2, Remarks_3 and Remarks_4. Each one of the 4 operating centers enters the remarks in one of these fields. On the Dashboard report, what I do is I get all these 4 fields and merge in 1 because the report is already narrow due to several other columns as well. So there is a report combining all data : =Remarks_1& " -"&Remarks_2&" - "&Remarks_3&" - "&Remarks_4 under Remarks.
The point is that the Dashboard has colorcode, Orange for Remarks_1, Red for Remarks_2, Blue for Remarks_3 and Green for Remarks_4. All these fields are memo on rich text format. On the form I have set the color of each field, however the color doesn't get set on the table as well, but only on the form fields. How can I set a defined color to each field on the table? And also when I get all data in one column, I would see all different colors. Is it possible? It would be easy if I could set the color to each table column but I don't think that is possible, so I how can I do it then? Thanks in advance.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:39
... if I could set the color to each table column but I don't think that is possible ...
You're right, you can't do that.
You can set different text colours from the different Remarks in the report, using HTML code, and setting the field's property to "Rich Text" in the report.
Something like below:
Control Source="<font color=""#008000"">" & [Remark1] & "</Font>" & "<font color=""#F08000"">" & [Remark2] & "</Font>" & "<font color=""#0FFFFF"">" & [Remark3] & "</Font>"

Attachments

• RemarksColor.jpg
    RemarksColor.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 212

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom