The Bucket List Thread! (1 Viewer)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Today, 13:37
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would make a thread so that we can share what we would like to accomplish or do in our lives.

I would also like to hear some of yours :D

I will start off :

1. See the Wonders of the World (The ones that are accessible)

2. Start a Family and own a house.

3. Visit America Someday.

Those are only some of mine that currently come to mind. Since I am young (18 coming 19) I haven't had much time to delve into these goals. I have however started myself off by booking a holiday to Rome to see the Colosseum (explained in number 1).

What do you guys want to achieve or have achieved that you always wanted to do? I love hearing these types of things :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You will need to make a list of number 1, and even number 3 needs thought, Las Vegas is very different to Yosemite whatever you do do it under your own steam, the Americans you meet in America are very different to the loud mouthed arrogant lot who seem to come to Europe.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
As you no doubt know the colosseum is not the only place to visit in Rome, but do make sure you visit the Pantheon, it is a little off the main path , not spectacular in a wow way to many but boy what an achievement.

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
For number 1, I shall one day make a list, and then tick off where I have or haven't been :D

Number 3, Is a general thing - as I would love to see many parts of the US as it seems they have many cultures over there, Some I would like more then others yes, but it's the experience that counts in my opinion.

Las Vegas isn't really my kind of scene, Maybe a night away but no more then that for me Brian :p - I guess they think the same about us, we don't all drink tea with the Queen and have scones on a daily basis :D. (I'm aware that a lot of people are different to stereotypes Brian ;) )

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Oh and BTW I would try to do number 2 in the reverse order. :D

Brian

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:37
Well I am a bit older so my bucket list needed to have some stuff done already.

Have children (1982, 1986)
Be with the love of my life. (1988)
Juggle three balls (199#).
Sing really well. (2003)
Have grandchildren (2004, 2010, 2012)
Attend Australian MotoGP championship (2008)
Live in a comfortable house. (2013)
Ride a unicycle. (2014)

Understand Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. (Not sure when that was and still progressing.)

Still to do.
Tour Europe. (2016)
Ride in World Unicycling championships at San Sebastian Spain (July 2016)
Attend a European MotoGP Championship (2016)
Build a music room under my house. (Complete by 2018)

Publish a Grand Unified Theory of Physics. (Before I die.)
Solve World Peace. (Oh yeah, need to find eternal life first)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I wanted to go there!

Is it a nice place though, I also wanted to see Vatican ( I may not be religious but it doesn't stop me being astounded by the architecture :p )

It seems a wonderful place (Italy) - So much to do.

I shall try and give pantheon a visit one day on my holiday. I shall tell you about it when I get back from there :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Well now Galaxiom, you do realise that you are asking for some questions to be asked about the dates on items 1 and 2? But I am too polite.

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Oh and BTW I would try to do number 2 in the reverse order. :D

Brian

Don't worry about that Brian :D

I have no intention of starting one any time soon! But surprises happen.

House was always first on my priority list, I was going to try and rent for a year (this year) to test mine and my other halfs budget on buying a house, but we decided against it as we are not in a position to be moving at the moment :( .

Bills would be the one to finish me off anyways!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Is it a nice place though, I also wanted to see Vatican

[ / QUOTE]

Yes , but you shouldn't only visit nice places, the markets in China can turn your stomach but you should still visit them.

Italy was one of our favourites, ROME, FLORENCE, SORRENTO and surrounding areas, bay of Naples climb Vesuvius go to the opera in amphitheatre in Verona

Hell man you have much to do and see, travel while you can.

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Well I am a bit older so my bucket list needed to have some stuff done already.

Have children (1982, 1986)
Be with the love of my life. (1988)
Juggle three balls (199#).
Sing really well. (2003)
Have grandchildren (2004, 2010, 2012)
Attend Australian MotoGP championship (2008)
Live in a comfortable house. (2013)
Ride a unicycle. (2014)

Understand Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. (Not sure when that was and still progressing.)

Still to do.
Tour Europe. (2016)
Ride in World Unicycling championships at San Sebastian Spain (July 2016)
Attend a European MotoGP Championship (2016)
Build a music room under my house. (Complete by 2018)

Publish a Grand Unified Theory of Physics. (Before I die.)
Solve World Peace. (Oh yeah, need to find eternal life first)

Wow, You have accomplished so much already! - You seem to love your unicycle!

I would imagine they are very hard to master? I am yet to juggle three yet (*jealousy is showing*)

I bet it was lovely becoming a grandparent :p I can't even imagine becoming a parent yet. :eek:

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Is it a nice place though, I also wanted to see Vatican

[ / QUOTE]

Yes , but you shouldn't only visit nice places, the markets in China can turn your stomach but you should still visit them.

Italy was one of our favourites, ROME, FLORENCE, SORRENTO and surrounding areas, bay of Naples climb Vesuvius go to the opera in amphitheatre in Verona

Hell man you have much to do and see, travel while you can.

Brian

I also wanted to see Pompeii , I have never really been one for just going to nice places anyways, I enjoy history - One day I intend to visit Auschwitz - not for a holiday but as a historical visit, Personally I think it is important to experience things like that in person rather than through a TV or in a book.

China has also always been a place of interest to me, everything about that place astounds me. I would especially like to visit the rural areas of china.

Visit some of its historical places. +1 that to my bucket list :D

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
As you no doubt know the colosseum is not the only place to visit in Rome, but do make sure you visit the Pantheon, it is a little off the main path , not spectacular in a wow way to many but boy what an achievement.

Brian

Off the main track - its one of the most famous sites in one of the most famous cities in the world, and right in the centre of it.

It takes just a few hours to walk round the major sites of Rome - but you could easily spend 10 days delving deeper too.

My favourite city.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
My Hotel is in fact, In the centre of Rome.

I could walk to pantheon! May take a while but to take in the scenery, transport just isn't an option for me :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Off the main track - its one of the most famous sites in one of the most famous cities in the world, and right in the centre of it.

It takes just a few hours to walk round the major sites of Rome - but you could easily spend 10 days delving deeper too.

My favourite city.

I said off the main track because many people I have spoken to did not visit it, their tours did not go there, of course those who travel under their own steam and do their research will visit, but when I visited there were not many tourists there compared to elsewhere.

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I'm a simple man, with simple needs...

Having a fully automated 3D printed version of a lifelike Scarlett Johansen in my closet would suffice :)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I said off the main track because many people I have spoken to did not visit it, their tours did not go there, of course those who travel under their own steam and do their research will visit, but when I visited there were not many tourists there compared to elsewhere.

Brian

Me and My other half have booked so that all we are bound to is the hotel, We can go anywhere we like, so that will certainly be added to my list of places Brian.

I sincerely thank you for your input! Apparently Pantheon,to this day has the (or one of the) biggest unsupported domes on a building ever :D.

Little extra for the books :p

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I'm a simple man, with simple needs...

Having a fully automated 3D printed version of a lifelike Scarlett Johansen in my closet would suffice :)

You and your Scarlet Johannson 3D model haha! - It seems to creep its way onto many threads ;)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time

Brian

Sorry I was a little grumpy - this is why I'd avoid the tours . Navigating your own way around, using the transport system, finding your own cafes /restaurants is as much part of it for me.

Connor next to the pantheon is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria_sopra_Minerva one of the many spectacular churches of Rome with real artistic treasure within.

I'd also recommend a trip to the pincio for the view - you may get a Pulcinella show thrown in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pincian_Hill
as maybe a walk just beyond the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps (mind the pickpockets - you can literally see them at work here if you sit for a while!)

Maybe try some salmon gnocchi in Piazza Navona and some carciofi in the Jewish neighbourhood.

Also a nice bar - at the end of the night - a good mix of locals and home style pints. Trinity College - Irish pub - a few minutes walk from the pantheon.

Enjoy it! Lucky devil.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom