The Kennedy family (1 Viewer)

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:47
Last part of the travelling whisky glass saga.

About two months after I returned from my Indian holiday I received an emailed questionnaire from the hotel that had last my whisky glass. It was a marketing exercise which required me to tick boxes regarding the quality of the food, furnishings, service etc.
At the bottom was a space for additional comments. I wrote " Where's my fucking whisky glass ! " and emailed it back. Less than 30 minutes later I received a phone call from them. They told me that both the glass and it's travel case were safely with them, and where would I like them to forward it to ? I told them to send it to me here in England.

One week later there was a knock at the door and there stood a DHL courier with a large package addressed to me. It was from India. Taking it into my kitchen I peeled off layer after layer of brown paper and cotton wool. Opening a cardboard box there in front of me was my brass bound, velvet lined mahogany crystal glass carry case. It was empty !
Next to it was another cotton wool wrapped object. Opening it gingerly I found it to be an English pint beer glass of the dimpled and handled jug type. It would never have fitted into the travel case in a million years !
That neatly sums India up. They'll bend over backwards to be helpful and courteous but will generally fuck it up somewhere along the line !

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 13:47
I liked that story, and it had a pretty apt ending too, that just about sums up Indian Call Centres, eager to help but generally useless....

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Hunting in Greenland sounds exciting, what are you hunting and in which district?

Come back ? I never went away. I continued to read threads but merely declined to submit posts for the reasons you have illustrated.

I'm off to Reyjavik soon for some hunting ( plus 'er indoors wants to see the Aurora
Borealis ).

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately, the salmon fishing season in Iceland is presently closed, or else I'd be doing that. Insofar as what and where I will be hunting, I am leaving that to a pal I have in Reyjavik who is organising it for me. Speaking of salmon fishing, the best fish I have caught so far was an 18 kg. hen fish I caught in Norway. Luckily I was able to fish in a river that only two people are ever allowed to fish in ; one is the King of Norway, who can fish in any and all Norwegian rivers - the other person is Eric Clapton, who owns the river.
The salmon I caught was tagged and known to Eric who had been trying to catch if for years. I had half of it smoked locally and then sent that half to Eric. When in Norway I shot moose and elk. One elk upset my then ten year old daughter because it came into our garden and tried to shag the bonnet of our hired Range Rover.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Hope he finds you something to hunt, nothing is in season.

I dont know why Eric would be so determined to catch a smolt for years, perhaps you can expand on that story.

Unfortunately, the salmon fishing season in Iceland is presently closed, or else I'd be doing that. Insofar as what and where I will be hunting, I am leaving that to a pal I have in Reyjavik who is organising it for me. Speaking of salmon fishing, the best fish I have caught so far was an 18 kg. hen fish I caught in Norway. Luckily I was able to fish in a river that only two people are ever allowed to fish in ; one is the King of Norway, who can fish in any and all Norwegian rivers - the other person is Eric Clapton, who owns the river.
The salmon I caught was tagged and known to Eric who had been trying to catch if for years. I had half of it smoked locally and then sent that half to Eric. When in Norway I shot moose and elk. One elk upset my then ten year old daughter because it came into our garden and tried to shag the bonnet of our hired Range Rover.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Hope he finds you something to hunt, nothing is in season.

I dont know why Eric would be so determined to catch a smolt for years, perhaps you can expand on that story.

A 35 lb salmon a smolt ? I'm gonna take up smolt fishing !

Not much to report really. I took it on a plug using a nine foot carbon spinning road and my old Ambidex fixed spool reel. My gillies ( I had had two) pointed out a big rock about fifty feet away in the middle of the fast flowing river so I decided to drop that big, shiny plug there a few times. The fish took about twenty minutes to land ( or as long as it takes to smoke a Montecristo ).
When about ten feet from the bank one gillie waded out and tailed it for me. It was the gillies who said Eric had longed to catch that fish which was known to lie behind that rock.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
I forgot to say that that plug was also a real sea trout taker.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
If Eric was after that fish for years it would have to be a smolt because adult salmon do not live in fresh water for years and you said he was after it for years.
18kg does not equal 35 pounds...

A 35 lb salmon a smolt ? I'm gonna take up smolt fishing !

Not much to report really. I took it on a plug using a nine foot carbon spinning road and my old Ambidex fixed spool reel. My gillies ( I had had two) pointed out a big rock about fifty feet away in the middle of the fast flowing river so I decided to drop that big, shiny plug there a few times. The fish took about twenty minutes to land ( or as long as it takes to smoke a Montecristo ).
When about ten feet from the bank one gillie waded out and tailed it for me. It was the gillies who said Eric had longed to catch that fish which was known to lie behind that rock.

Speaking of salmon fishing, the best fish I have caught so far was an 18 kg. hen fish I caught in Norway. Luckily I was able to fish in a river that only two people are ever allowed to fish in ; one is the King of Norway, who can fish in any and all Norwegian rivers - the other person is Eric Clapton, who owns the river.
The salmon I caught was tagged and known to Eric who had been trying to catch if for years.

marot90

Registered User.
Local time
I alway enjoy reading the first and then the last page of a thread only, and this one is pretty great. From Kennedy to salmon in just a few pages. I guess Kennedy is all water under the bridge the salmon currently swims in. Btw im no native speaker so i am allowed terrible wordplays.
BTT: If Kennedy really doesnt deserve the status as a "saint" then let me tell you one thing: Getting killed is always helps with that, compare christian martyrs.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
You are so right, amigo. What do they say " It's better to die young and beautiful than old and decrepit ".....or something like that. Of course, if one can also die young and then have the Catholic propaganda machine kick in in order to sanctify and endlessly eulogise one then so much the better. Catholicism being what it is of course, it's better for them to have even a dead Kennedy as a revered saint, the better to distract attention from the constant child abuses by their priests and all the other dastardly acts perpetrated in the name of Catholicism.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Doubtless the remaining Kennedys ( there are not many left, since their predisposition to get shot, die in plane crashes etc, means that they are disappearing faster than a row of rat shit in a wind storm ), will be pleased to learn that they still have one deluded simpleton who " loves them ". If nothing else that might justify the untold hundreds of thousands of bucks they've spent on greasing palms, bribing politicians and union bosses, and securing unbeatable press and public relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom