The party of peace? (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:57
On both sides.
My only issue is that you started the tread on a negative assumption, you called out one side. Then you move to the middle, and say it's really both sides. ;)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 13:57
I started it by saying extremists on both sides suck...?

I called out the misnomer that all extremists are left wing when both have them to an extreme magnitude. Whatever these graphs above are seem to show that. Thanks for proving my point. ;)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Anything to help Vass, I'm here for ya!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
My only surprise is that tweeter didn't flag her tweet as hate speech.

Dr. Anthony Fauci has been totally discredited as a deep state operative.

Vassago

Local time
And Trump is going to hold more rallies and they are all idiots. I mean, Trump EXPERIENCED the virus, knows he received care completely out of reach of the rest of us, yet acts like we aren't experiencing a surge.

I really wish Biden would step up and tell people to stop gathering in celebration. He could show how serious he is about "handling" the pandemic by starting with that.

Why are Americans so stupid about this virus?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Why are Americans so stupid about this virus?
Maybe from your point-of-view. Today a proto-vaccine has been announced that may temper the pandemic. (Ironically a program Trump initiated, but may never get credit for.) All diseases are bad, some worse than other, Covid-19 being one of the bad one. But we also need to consider that people die of many things, such as the flu, auto accidents, etc. Do we shut down the economy over a 60 versus 50 MPH speed limit. No, we have grudgingly "accepted" the deaths of a 60MPH speed limit as "normal". Still, we attempt to make cars safer.

Then there is the associated issue of deferring many of our actions because of Covid-19, such as routine medical care, finding employment, taking kids to school, etc. After a certain point in time, one has to get out and do it. That is not being "stupid".

The virus has also been with us now for sometime now, people are getting "tired" of the constant negative news reporting. Negative news after a while loses its effect, especially in the need to undertake other life events.

Finally, the constant negative news reporting was done to instill fear into the public for purposes of having Trump lose the election. The Washington Post has been egregiously guilty of doing this. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the public realized that they were being manipulated by the complicit media.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Vassago, please explain "on both sides". Where are the conservatives rioting and burning and looting and killing? EXACTLY WHAT cities?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
yet acts like we aren't experiencing a surge.
You are aware that we are now testing anyone who wants a test whether they have symptoms or not? We have also for some reason increased the sensitivity of the test so we are getting more false positives.

Has the rate of deaths increased? No. Are hospitals overflowing with COVID patients? No. Are doctors getting better at treating patients? Yes. Too bad hundreds or maybe thousands died unnecessarily because pressure from people like you caused the FDA to prohibit the off label use of Hydroxychloroquine which many studies have shown to be very effective in early cases and very cheap also (maybe it was the drug companies that didn't want Hydroxychloroquine used since it dramatically cut their profits). Yes, there was ONE study of advanced patients that showed poor results. But no one ever said the drug was effective on advanced cases. There's a chart for this also. It compares the death rates in countries that allowed the use of Hydroxychloroquine and those that didn't. It is quite enlightening.

Follow the science my ***.

Is any one going to apologize for causing these unnecessary deaths?

Vassago

Local time
Maybe from your point-of-view. Today a proto-vaccine has been announced that may temper the pandemic. (Ironically a program Trump initiated, but may never get credit for.) All diseases are bad, some worse than other, Covid-19 being one of the bad one. But we also need to consider that people die of many things, such as the flu, auto accidents, etc. Do we shut down the economy over a 60 versus 50 MPH speed limit. No, we have grudgingly "accepted" the deaths of a 60MPH speed limit as "normal". Still, we attempt to make cars safer.

Then there is the associated issue of deferring many of our actions because of Covid-19, such as routine medical care, finding employment, taking kids to school, etc. After a certain point in time, one has to get out and do it. That is not being "stupid".

The virus has also been with us now for sometime now, people are getting "tired" of the constant negative news reporting. Negative news after a while loses its effect, especially in the need to undertake other life events.

Finally, the constant negative news reporting was done to instill fear into the public for purposes of having Trump lose the election. The Washington Post has been egregiously guilty of doing this. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the public realized that they were being manipulated by the complicit media.
Who said a damn thing about shutting down the economy? I was lambasting the idiots meeting in crowds. What they are doing, rallies and celebrations, does nothing but spread the virus unnecessarily. The rest of your post is moot.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Once you get to the point of being hospitalized, you have passed the point where Hydroxychloroquine would be effective. Period. It isn't an "end cycle" cure. It is an early stages cure and potentially a prophylactic..

Maybe, just maybe, if doctors had been allowed to proscribe Hydroxychloroquine BEFORE people needed hospitalization, they wouldn't have had the "surge"

How about this one?

And this one which shows hospitalizations at a relatively low point. look at pg 11 and play with the time frame. I've embedded a picture that shows march - yesterday. Just because you have a high case count doesn't mean you have high hospitalizations Notice that as the # of tests rises (bottom chart) grows, the number of cases grows (top chart). This is NORMAL and not something to get excited about. Remember the mantra of the media - if it bleeds, it leads. If there wasn't a hundred car pileup on the interstate, they need to scare you with something else. You bit..
CovidElPaso.JPG

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
El Paso Texas has a positivity rate over 20%
El Paso Colorado (your chart) has a 12.10 positivity rate.

Neither one is any good.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sorry about that. I still don't see where it says Colorado but I'll take your word for it since the web pages are fashionably faint making them extremely difficult to read.

So, "positive" results are what are frightening you? Maybe you should look at the "science" rather than succumb to the "if it bleeds it leads" tactics the media use to keep you hating Trump.

If you investigate the following story more deeply, you'll find that the "government" that refused to allow this ongoing study to test for COVID was Dr. Faucci's CDC and then the FDA jumped on board and actually brought legal action. It was the deep state that stood in the way of dealing with this infection earlier than when Trump actually blocked travel.

It was the deep state of the CDC (Faucci) and the FDA that stalled the early expansion of testing by refusing to certify any test but their own until Trump stepped in and forced the issue. I'll bet you never heard that one either.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Dr. Faucci's CDC
He's not with the CDC or FDA for that matter. Never has been. Trump appointed the heads of those agencies.

The positivity rate is how the severity of the outbreak is measured.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry about that. I still don't see where it says Colorado but I'll take your word for it since the web pages are fashionably faint making them extremely difficult to read.

Its all over the link you posted

Screenshot 2020-11-10 203556.jpg

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
El Paso, which has more than 64,000 cases, is now one of the country's epicenters. The county has reported more than 22,000 new cases in the last two weeks, and mobile morgues are being used in the city to hold the bodies of those who died because of the virus. More trucks are expected to be delivered this week.
Do you think they're bringing in more trucks due to testing?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Its all over the link you posted
I still don't see Colorado anywhere. I am clearly blind or it is in such small print that it is a blur.
He's not with the CDC or FDA
I stand corrected about Fauci. I thought the Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was part of the CDC.

That doesn't change anything I said but yes you are correct and I was wrong.

The positivity rate is how the severity of the outbreak is measured.
That's the metric the media uses because it is the one that will frighten you since the death count is down. We are talking here about people who are mostly not even showing symptoms. If they hadn't taken the initiative to be tested, who would know?

For a while in Florida, everyone who was tested was positive since they amped up the cycles so high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom