The Qur'an (2 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:04
At one point we spent 3 pages trying to figure out if Col was allowed to say some racial term or not.
What was that then? I'm not racist.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:04
While some households do, indeed, pray before every meal, it is much less common to do so in the USA than in any Islamic nation. And most of the time, our people do their prayers in church once per week. However, it is true that the more devout citizens do indeed pray daily.

Oh... I let a snide remark slip. We aren't Hobbits. We only eat three meals a day, not nine. Col, you snarky little devil, you!

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
While some households do, indeed, pray before every meal, it is much less common to do so in the USA than in any Islamic nation. And most of the time, our people do their prayers in church once per week. However, it is true that the more devout citizens do indeed pray daily.

Oh... I let a snide remark slip. We aren't Hobbits. We only eat three meals a day, not nine. Col, you snarky little devil, you!
Yes, I know - it was a joke. Although I'm sure it will be read as an anti-american hate comment by Pat.
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:04
As a man of non-trivial levels of education, I have a societal duty to call down some posts that substitute mindless repetition for focused reasoning.

OMG 🙏

Re-read that post a few times Doc...methinks that may be a bit much. Ever heard 'don't toot your own horn' ?

Don't take yourself too seriously, now..

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Re-read that post a few times Doc...methinks that may be a bit much. Ever heard 'don't toot your own horn' ?

I try to apply moderation when doing things, but when faced with extreme horn-blowing such as performed by Aziz, the motivation to reply in kind becomes much stronger.

That list was an abstract of my opinions. ALL of the implied actions are carefully considered before I actually implement, ... except when I get so ticked off at the stupidity of something that I just can't resist. Sort of like the downfall of Roger Rabbit, who could (like any other toon) never resist finishing the "shave and a haircut" phrase. When faced with abysmal stupidity, I have a hard time keeping quiet.

But thanks for your concern, Isaac. It's nice to know that someone else is paying attention.

aziz rasul

Local time
to have so many Muslims on staff

Don't employ Muslims then. God is the Provider (ar-Razzaq).

… Whoever is wary of Allaah, He shall make for him a way out [of the adversities of the world and the Hereafter] and provide for him from whence he does not count upon. And whoever puts his trust in Allaah, He will suffice him. Indeed Allah carries through His commands. Certainly, Allaah has ordained a measure [and extent] for everything.
Qur'an 65:3

Last edited:

aziz rasul

Local time
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.
John 3:16 (NRSV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (KJV)

aziz rasul

Local time
Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

All the Prophets were the WAY in their time.

Say (O Muhammad), "This is my way; I invite to Allaah with insight, I and those who follow me. And exalted is Allaah; and I am not of those who associate others with Him."
Qur’an 12:108

Say (O Muhammad), "Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger; but if you turn away - then upon him is only that [duty] with which he has been charged, and upon you is that with which you have been charged. And if you obey him, you will be [rightly] guided. And there is not upon the Messenger except the [responsibility for] clear notification."
Qur’an 24:54 See also 8:20, 33:21, 53:2-4

aziz rasul

Local time
1. Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy -
2. Allaah , to whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And woe to the disbelievers from a severe punishment.
3. The ones who prefer the worldly life over the Hereafter and avert [people] from the way of Allaah , seeking to make it (seem) deviant. Those are in extreme error.
4. And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
5. And We certainly sent Moses with Our signs, [saying], "Bring out your people from darknesses into the light and remind them of the days of Allaah." Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful.
6. And [recall, O Children of Israel], when Moses said to His people, "Remember the favor of Allaah upon you when He saved you from the people of Pharaoh, who were afflicting you with the worst torment and were slaughtering your [newborn] sons and keeping your females alive. And in that was a great trial from your Lord.
7. And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.' "
8. And Moses said, "If you should disbelieve, you and whoever is on the earth entirely - indeed, Allaah is Free of need and Praiseworthy."
9. Has there not reached you the news of those before you - the people of Noah and 'Aad and Thamud and those after them? No one knows them but Allah. Their messengers brought them clear proofs, but they returned their hands to their mouths and said, "Indeed, we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent, and indeed we are, about that to which you invite us, in disquieting doubt."

Qur'an 14:1-9

aziz rasul

Local time
I'm not about to take this thread down or close it without consensus from Jon and the moderators. But at some point, the law of diminishing returns would probably apply. Your efforts are mostly wasted here given the constrained audience.

No amount of 'shutting' down the Qur'an will ever stop Muslims from proclaiming it in other ways. Even those who have burned the Qur'an have not succeeded. If all the copies were destroyed, the Qur'an would appear again as many Muslims have completely memorized it.

And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
Qur’an – Surah al-Qamar (The Moon) 54:40

51. It is not fitting for a man that Allaah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allaah’s permission, what Allaah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise.
52. And thus have We, by Our Command, sent inspiration to thee (Muhammad): thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and what was Faith; but We have made the (Qur'an) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our servants as We will; and verily thou dost guide (men) to the Straight Way,-
Qur’an - Surah ash-Shura (Consultation) 42:51-2 See also 42:3.

1. These are verses of the Qur'an, a book that makes (things) clear;
2. A guide: and glad tidings for the believers, -
3. Those who establish regular prayers and give in regular charity, and also have (full) assurance of the hereafter.
4. As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their deeds pleasing in their eyes; and so they wander about in distraction.
5. Such are they for whom a grievous Penalty is (waiting); and in the Hereafter theirs will be the greatest loss.
6. As to thee, the Qur'an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is wise and all-knowing.

Qur’an - Surah an-Naml (The Ant) 27:1-5

Those who reject our signs are deaf and dumb,- in the midst of darkness profound: whom Allaah willeth, He leaveth to wander: whom He willeth, He placeth on the way that is straight.
Qur’an - Surah al-An`aam (The Cattle) 6:39

They want to extinguish the light of Allaah with their mouths, but Allaah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

Qur’an - Surah at-Tauba (The Repentance) 9:32

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:04
Don't employ Muslims then. God is the Provider (ar-Razzaq).
In Australia it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion. Except of course for religious enterprises such as faith based schools who are allowed to discriminate against those who don't subscribe to their beliefs. It is hypocrisy of course but that is a fundamental tenet of religion.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:04
The frenzied postings by Aziz Rasul are doing a great job of turning people away from his brand of faith by portraying Muslims as mindless extremists.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Aziz, wouldn't you do better to just publish a link to an online copy of the Quran and not have to mindlessly spew more quotes? It would make typing a lot easier - and it would surely make it easier for us to ignore the massive waste of time involved.

I see a parallel between your actions and those of a Biblical figure. May I offer the earnest hope that you DON'T share the fate of John the Baptist.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The frenzied postings by Aziz Rasul are doing a great job of turning people away from his brand of faith by portraying Muslims as mindless extremists.

Yes, I agree. Not much of a stretch required to reach that conclusion.

aziz rasul

Local time
In Australia it is illegal to ...

Direct that to The_Doc_Man who raised the issue to begin with. I simply responded by saying that seek our sustenance from God by whatever route He plans.

"Sufficient for us is Allaah, and He is the best Disposer of Affairs"
Quran 3:173

It is hypocrisy of course but that is a fundamental tenet of religion.

There are many Qur'anic verses regarding the hypocrites, which is a fundamental tenet of the irreligious. Here's one.

56. Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a FIRE. Every time their skins are ROASTED through We will replace them with other skins so they may TASTE the PUNISHMENT. Indeed, Allaah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.
145. Indeed, the HYPOCRITES will be in the LOWEST DEPTHS of the FIRE - and NEVER will you find for them a helper -
168. Indeed, those who DISBELIEVE and commit wrong [or injustice] - never will Allaah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a path.
169. Except the path of HELL; they will abide therein FOREVER. And that, for Allaah, is [always] easy.

Qur'an 4:56, 145, 168-9

I don't think there are many Muslims reading this thread, although if they were, they would hardly reject the Qur'anic verses.

Aziz, wouldn't you do better to just publish a link to an online copy of the Quran and not have to mindlessly spew more quotes? It would make typing a lot easier - and it would surely make it easier for us to ignore the massive waste of time involved.

I see a parallel between your actions and those of a Biblical figure. May I offer the earnest hope that you DON'T share the fate of John the Baptist.

I see a parallel between your views\actions and those of a Qur'anic figure Iblis. May I offer the earnest hope that you DON'T share his fate in the Hereafter i.e. ending up in the very depths of HELL for ETERNITY.

...massive waste of time involved.
I am essentially retired although I still do some stuff at home. So don't worry your head about it. Just as you have time to spew out a lot of mindless nonsense, I have time to give to spreading Islam much as you dislike it.

And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous.
Qur'an 6:85

Yes, I agree. Not much of a stretch required to reach that conclusion.

Ditto to all you disbelievers.

I will turn away from My signs those who are arrogant upon the earth without right; and if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of consciousness, they will not adopt it as a way; but if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they have denied Our signs and they were heedless of them.
Qur'an 7:146

And among them are those who listen to you, but We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. Even when they come to you arguing with you, those who disbelieve say, "This is not but legends of the former peoples."
Qur'an 6:25

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am essentially retired although I still do some stuff at home. So don't worry your head about it.

Wasn't worried. Bored, maybe... but worried? No.

Just as you have time to spew out a lot of mindless nonsense, I have time to give to spreading Islam much as you dislike it.

Other than the probable difference of opinion that my nonsense is mindful nonsense whereas yours is less so. But... different strokes for different folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom