The things I don't know, Newbie question (1 Viewer)

accessfleet

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:50
I have a DB with tables which get updated from a form. I have been getting a message (since I split the data base, I think) When updating/ exiting the form.

"You cant't save this record at this time"
coe100710fe may have encountered an error while trying to save this record. If you close this object now changes you made will be lost.

Do you want to close anyway? y/n

In spite of the message the next time I pull the record up from the form the updated data is there.

Any Ideas why, can it be fixed. Other users will be unsettled by a message like that weather or not it is actually true.

muchas, grassious in advance.

John.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What exactly does "since I split the database I think" mean?
What version of Access? What have you tried to resolve this issue?

accessfleet

Registered User.
Local time
I am using Access 2007, I split the data base on 09/15/10, I am not sure when i noticed the problem the first time. But I've seen it enough to know that the data is actually updating. I think the message could be from spliting the data. I've been using the DB full speed for about 3 months.

the back end is on the server, the front ends are one three different PCs

before that the file was on the network and all pcs accessed the same file. I had too many trips around the garage to logoff other pcs when every I had time for any more development work.

Office, Garage, Parts...

The only thing I have done is to look for the arrow pointing to the linked files, not really sure what else I can do.

thanks for the interest. Any Ideas?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:50
what could happen is

a) you save the data
b) but the current event or form after update evnt, or something similar then re-dirties the next record
c) in a way that cannot be saved when the form closes

try this - show record selectors

when a record is dirty, the record indicator will show as a pencil rather than a triangle

accessfleet

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Dave

I went looking and then remembered add I did. It seems to work. Could it be causing the problem or does it look ok?

Private Sub Command64_Click()
DoCmd.OpenReport "r_vendor", acViewPreview, , "[id] = " & Me.ID

End Sub
Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Me.Last_Update = Now()
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Close()
End Sub

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom