The Worlds Most Perfect Database (1 Viewer)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:49
Objective : To combine several threads into 1 solution
Ground rules :

The recent Australian fires have confirmed to me that no religion exists - This was a natural event and there was no divine miracle that prevented it.

Communisim failed 10 years ago, Captilism is is failing now

So - With no religion or existing financial model:

What is the perfect global database?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 11:49
Objective : To combine several threads into 1 solution
Ground rules :

The recent Australian fires have confirmed to me that no religion exists - This was a natural event and there was no divine miracle that prevented it.

Communisim failed 10 years ago, Captilism is is failing now

Surely on this forum it would be heresy to suggest anything other than Access.:D

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Surely on this forum it would be heresy to suggest anything other than Access.:D

Obviously! Care to suggest a model that does not include religion and has a fair and equitable financial structure?

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Today, 04:49

Rabbie said:
Concurred. So I guess the question now is:

'Who' is the perfect candidate (scapegoat) to spearhead this massive undertaking and what happens if/when the database needs to be upsized? :p

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Concurred. So I guess the question now is:

'Who' is the perfect candidate (scapegoat) to spearhead this massive undertaking and what happens if/when the database needs to be upsized? :p

Ah, now it gets interesting - government model - dictatorship or concensus?

My first contribution will be a global currency. it will get rid of those parasites who generate huge profits for themselves with currency trading while contributing a total of nothing to the average citizen

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Ah, now it gets interesting - government model - dictatorship or concensus?
According to topic this is a global database correct? As such consensus will vary region to region based upon the qualitative morals/ethical boundaries and the differing perspective of the regions indigenous peoples. I move that all peoples be given equal 'voice' in this, the World Database.

Albeit, I foresee multiple hurdles to be over come already. For arguments sake (Not the drink) let us 'consense' that region be defined as the boundaries of current countries before the lines are permanently erased. I also propose that this be our PK.

tblGovernment.regionID - Text (Max 13) - Indexed (No Duplicates) - DefaultValue = reg0000000001

My first contribution will be a global currency. it will get rid of those parasites who generate huge profits for themselves with currency trading while contributing a total of nothing to the average citizen
When dealing with this issue tblCurrency should it be taken into account the current exchange rates of monies (tblCurrency INNER JOIN tblGovernment ON tblCurrency.exchRate = tblGovernment.exchRate) or do we start every region with a predetermined alotment of monetary assets?

Last edited:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Point 1 agreed - ALL users have equal voice

Point 2 - NO. Must be based on REAL value of each currency - since December AUS$ has lost 30% against US$ for no reason that Australia has changed, other than it seems to be weathering storm much better than most. I can afford 30% less on the world market because????????

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 11:49
Just an idea. Why not link the currencies to Gold. Oh no that was tried and scrapped some time ago

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 12:49

Why not a global language and ask Colin to be the guardian of the monster ;)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Here's my version of perfect database:

Give each one their own copy of Access and let them build and maintain database themselves. They are free to corroborate and work together, go lone wolf, or do nothing about it.

Sounds like a very workable solution to me.

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 19:49
i think a lot of people would submit that fires, floods, famine, etc. are proof of god/religion; not preventing it - causing it.

For arguments sake (Not the drink) ...
:D nice one! :D

Must be based on REAL value of each currency
why not get rid of the money altogether? how about bartering or something?

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
i think a lot of people would submit that fires, floods, famine, etc. are proof of god/religion; not preventing it - causing it.
Ahhh, the invisible hand theory. Here's an interesting question (No Wiki folks):

What economic theorist first proposed the 'invisible hand' theory and how might it or might it not apply to the perfect database?

:D nice one! :D
Tank You... Tank you berry muuuuuch. [Where's the Elvis Smiley?]
why not get rid of the money altogether? how about bartering or something?
I have a little, itty bitty problem with that. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but to play DA I would argue that basing a global economy on a bartering system would inevitably lead to a monetary system in the end anyways. As a (wannabe) programmer I loathe the thought of going through all the trouble designing, documenting and implementing a system that will one day be considered 'outdated' and 'archaic'... :eek:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
I'm suprised that with the number of contribtors stating how things should NOT be, there are so few game enough to state how they should.

Rule 2: The highest salary in a company can be no more than 10 times the lowest

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Rule 2: The highest salary in a company can be no more than 10 times the lowest
Rules thus far:

1. All Users are considered as equals
  2. Universal currency will be used
    • Monetary assets of each region (Country) will be taken at face value at it's inception(i.e., 1 dollar = 1 pound = 1 yen = 1 Euro)
    • The highest paid user of any corporation shall not exceed ten times that of it's lowest paid user
I'm surprised that with the number of contributors stating how things should NOT be, there are so few game enough to state how they should.
I would like to add a comment..... While deceptively appearing to be a good thing, this database in it's perfectness could very well be the anti-Christ :p

Let us 'consense' on another major topic. The name of this database. We cannot go around calling the world's most perfect database, The World's Most Rerfect Database. It's too long and I'm afraid that regions will not be keen on implementing a database where the name is five words long. Even acronymically it's fairly unappealing..... T.W.M.P.D. It could possibly be misconstrue'd as a deadly weapon as well.....

Here are a few ideas:

• GlobalSoft
  • Plain Old Database - POD for short
  • Symposium of Capital Knowledge - SOCK
Also we should decide on a solution for logging and solving complaints and grievances that should arise between entities. A mediation table of sorts.

Why not a global language and ask Colin to be the guardian of the monster ;)

I call for a vote on this.

Last edited:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Or starting with the original concept:

CRAP - Completely Religionless Access Program
CRUD - Completely Religionless Ultimate Database
FIASCO - Federation International Access Society (for) Complete Organisation

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
...Rule 2: The highest salary in a company can be no more than 10 times the lowest

Rule 2 makes good sense. Of course an exception handler is required...

Code:
Catch exception As Rule 2
  If Highest(Payee) = pono1 Then
    ' Do nothing.
  Else
    Enforce
  End if

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Or starting with the original concept:

CRAP - Completely Religionless Access Program
CRUD - Completely Religionless Ultimate Database
FIASCO - Federation International Access Society (for) Complete Organisation
:eek: Ahh, yes. Silly me.

I have taken a liking to FIASCO. It has great ring to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom