this thread has been started for Richard. (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:14
It looks like a cut and paste webpage with general info to me, I wasn't compelled to stay. Similar to your LinkedIn, boring.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 03:14
It looks like a cut and paste webpage with general info to me, I wasn't compelled to stay. Similar to your LinkedIn, boring.
it is not finished you super-nice person. When it's done it will have jQuery and probably other asynchronous languages from Facebook or Google. Do you also realize that most people think that God is boring too because he never changes?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Repost your link when finished id be happy to look, but to be honest I don't read a lot of technical stuff I'll never use.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Repost your link when finished id be happy to look, but to be honest I don't read a lot of technical stuff I'll never use.
are you saying that you're going to remain an access expert forever? Surely you would want to further your skills more than that regard wouldnt you?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
And no it will never be reposted after this first time. It will be also taken down after a short time too.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Not an expert, I filled a niche at work. I do have some interest in the whole Office suite.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:14
Not an expert, I filled a niche at work. I do have some interest in the whole Office suite.
AB, you touch upon an underutilized concept in corporate America. No one seems to understand how well all the MS products can work together with just a little knowledge of VBA.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NG: One of my best projects involved Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook working together, driven from Access VBA. It was still in use when I retired. I was later told after two years of retirement that it was STILL in use although an ORACLE / web project is being built to replace it because the basic algorithms and designs are going "national" due to the need for the Navy to be quickly able to evaluate project security stances.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I hear that a lot...:ROFLMAO:
Having now looked at the other link, I see that your explanatory powers included linking to MS online documentation. Lame.
well what the hell do you expect me to do!? explain the whole damn thing to them and hand hold them?? how are they going to grow a brain that way? or rather, not grow one, but rather become intelligent people? I encounter many people that WANT to be informed about stuff but their past has prevented them from becoming that way. and a compassionate soul that will stick with them helps. i told u that before Richard.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
furthermore, explaining everything like what you did to that poor girl in the other thread would have no doubt overloaded her. why not give her something, then let her go off and do her thing, and wait for her to come back when she gets curious for more? that's what compassionate people do who are true followers of christ. they don't act like morons and say, like you so much despise, "let me tell you about the good news. jesus wants to save you". but rather, they talk like Paul did. very philosophical and intelligent. thus, people want to know. do you get it [old man]??

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Elena had plenty of chances to read that over several times, as many times as needed until she felt she understood it.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question. "that's what compassionate people do who are true followers of christ" Do you even consider the possibility that a person can have compassion without believing in God? Is that even possible - to you?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
yes it is, Richard. I know you're compassionate because I've seen everything you post regarding caring about the human race and doing good charitable things. but that won't help you one bit, sir. just like the woman wearing a head covering living next door to me. it won't help her one bit either.

zeroaccess

Local time
yes it is, Richard. I know you're compassionate because I've seen everything you post regarding caring about the human race and doing good charitable things. but that won't help you one bit, sir. just like the woman wearing a head covering living next door to me. it won't help her one bit either.
What a deranged way to think about your fellow humans.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
they called jesus deranged too. and they killed him. perhaps that's what you're doing? I have a sneaking suspicion you're suffering from scientific thought like Jon. =(

zeroaccess

Local time
Then I will enjoy my "suffering". :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I see the good in people and don't ride around on a high horse of religious dogma that causes me to look down on people. That kind of childish delusion is a large part of what is wrong with the world.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
it's not dogma you dork! (or should I use a less invasive term?). would you call me a religious NUT?? I'm not the dude richard mentioned earlier, am I? god, I hope not! but I DO enjoy posting this crap here. if you met me in real life, it would be so different. but alas, like richard says, that will never happen because you guys dwell on the internet and hide in bunkers. isn't that true? I dare you to say it's not...

zeroaccess

Local time
Have you ever thought about how many religious doctrines man has thought up to give meaning to a world they don't understand? Have you ever practiced empathy and put yourself in someone else's shoes, just to see how you might feel? Have you ever thought that maybe that woman wearing the hijab feels the exact same way you do but the other way around, and that the only difference between her version of the "truth" and and the one you were raised to believe is the geolocation at which you were each born? What a coincidence and a relief that you happen to be born into the "right" version.

But maybe, just maybe, consider instead that you are both on the same proverbial boat, the same spinning rock in space, that you both have the exact same needs, are smart enough to shed your childhood dogmas and think for yourselves, and that neither one of you is better than the other. And, regardless of the configuration of any beliefs arranged by the neurons in your brains, neither of you are going to burn unless you specifically elect cremation. Fin. The End.

If I prayed, I would pray that you some day experience that enlightening realization.

Now, I realize this is a thread for Richard and yourself, but I couldn't help but comment on the disregard you seem to have for your fellow humans - literally believing that the ultimate in bad endings will happen to everyone who doesn't believe what you do. Have a better night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom