this thread has been started for Richard. (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:02
Thank you, Adam, for at least recognizing that compassion is not a Christian exclusive.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
sure thing, my friend. =) but it still doesn't change the fact that it won't help you out. =(

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
by the way Richard, I wanted to provide this file to you. this is a snapshot of everyone who visited the pages on that subdomain I posted for you. as you can see, they came from all over the globe. let me know what you think, ok? this is a lesson for you in how to do the following:

=> automate excel's powerQuery
=> automate excel - access
=> intermingle PHP/web languages with MS OFFICE.

but I'm sure you knew how to do most of that anyway, right? sorry, but no code is provided.

give me your feedback, would ya? =)

Attachments

• for_richard.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Richard,

the 2 links have been shut down, more or less. but if a visitor was wise, they could still read the content. FYI, I guess

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Slightly back to front, no?
i don't get it. that's not all inclusive knowledge. and if you know what you're talking about yourself, you would recognize that. but again, if you know what you're talking about, you would also recognize that the statement you referenced is NOT 100% accurate if you're a professional developer and want every little detail to be perfect. did you not notice that I forgot to mention the ever so popular UBUNTU? that is part of the mix as well....

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
Have you ever thought about how many religious doctrines man has thought up to give meaning to a world they don't understand? Have you ever practiced empathy and put yourself in someone else's shoes, just to see how you might feel? Have you ever thought that maybe that woman wearing the hijab feels the exact same way you do but the other way around, and that the only difference between her version of the "truth" and and the one you were raised to believe is the geolocation at which you were each born? What a coincidence and a relief that you happen to be born into the "right" version.

But maybe, just maybe, consider instead that you are both on the same proverbial boat, the same spinning rock in space, that you both have the exact same needs, are smart enough to shed your childhood dogmas and think for yourselves, and that neither one of you is better than the other. And, regardless of the configuration of any beliefs arranged by the neurons in your brains, neither of you are going to burn unless you specifically elect cremation. Fin. The End.

If I prayed, I would pray that you some day experience that enlightening realization.

Now, I realize this is a thread for Richard and yourself, but I couldn't help but comment on the disregard you seem to have for your fellow humans - literally believing that the ultimate in bad endings will happen to everyone who doesn't believe what you do. Have a better night.
It is very distressing for anyone who profess a religious belief to purposely lead people in the opposite direction.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
once again, this is an issue of internet communication vs. real life.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:02
i don't get it. that's not all inclusive knowledge. and if you know what you're talking about yourself, you would recognize that. but again, if you know what you're talking about, you would also recognize that the statement you referenced is NOT 100% accurate if you're a professional developer and want every little detail to be perfect. did you not notice that I forgot to mention the ever so popular UBUNTU? that is part of the mix as well....
Ummm...
you would also recognize that the statement you referenced is NOT 100% accurate if you're a professional developer
It's not 100% accurate if you're anyone, professional developer or potential ignorant customer.

If I have to spell it out for you why it's back to front, Linux and Windows are OS'es. Apache and IIS are web server software that run on OS'es, so I think you really wanted to say:
IIS runs on Windows servers and Apache runs on Linux servers
or perhaps:
IIS servers runs on Windows and Apache servers runs on Linux
(although Apache will run happily on Windows as well.)

did you not notice that I forgot to mention the ever so popular UBUNTU? that is part of the mix as well....
??? Ubuntu is just a flavour of linux, so doesn't really change the above statements in any way.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
When it comes to religion doctrine, choose your words carefully.
i'm not worried. most of the crap on this forum will wash away anyway, because this is not heart to heart. this is one of the reasons that the vatican will never comply with the stupid request that confession take place through electronic means.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
??? Ubuntu is just a flavour of linux, so doesn't really change the above statements in any way.
my words are what a customer would get from GoDaddy. Thus, saying anything different would confuse the hell out of them. a beginner doesn't need to know details because they do not have time for them, nor do they understand. they have other things to do, like selling their business. this is why they hire an IT firm to manage their networks.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:02
New app helps Catholics confess on the go

t1larg.confession.app.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
At least two other people recognized your incorrect hierarchy of "who runs what" in the O/S section.

Adam, it is these little errors that a true professional developer just wouldn't make. It would have been trivially easy to say it right with no loss of technical accuracy and no particular increase in level of confusion. But you shoot from the hip, miss the target, and try to justify it later in an effort to save face. When I make an error, I admit it. Happened most recently in Kitty77's thread on DB corruption. But that wasn't the first time, because I'm human (or was, at my last blood test.) I don't expect you to be perfect either - but there is a fine line between competence and arrogance.

You continually give us inadvertent hints regarding your true level of competence. I will NOT use the word "incompetent." That WOULD be harsh and probably not entirely accurate. With just a little more attention to details, you might have fooled us... but you have not fooled anyone around here who pays any attention to your posts.

You have supported yourself, moving from job to job (from what I can infer.) Being gainfully employed is an important thing for everyone in your general age bracket. For that, I offer congratulations and continued wishes for success as you grow as a person. (No, not intended as sarcasm or irony.) I also gather that besides being gainfully employed, there were times when you were painfully employed. I think many of us have had that misfortune. I once accepted a layoff rather than move to another city when my company moved. What matters is how you handle yourself when faced with the ugly choices of the world. What's that line from Harry Potter? "We are defined by our choices."

You obviously have some skills and in particular you understand some languages that I, as a retired man, no longer care to learn. I spend time with my grandsons. I spend time with my wife. I spend time with my step-children. I have a life. Those factors dictate my priorities. So forgive me if my knowledge of certain languages isn't there and probably never will be. You DO still believe in forgiveness, don't you?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Obviously.

You don't even believe in your own convictions. Sad little man.
I talked to the priest today, so basically anything that's said here is pretty much irrelevant. which I'm glad I spoke to a human being in real life instead of you guys. =)

Richard, yes I believe in forgiveness. but you have to remember too sir, that if I was a professional developer like you, I would never make any money because my mind would be so far "out there" that no one I do business with or care about would have any damn clue as to what I'm saying! That's why I love the fact that I've never been to school for this shit. I remain human with feelings. =)

zeroaccess

Local time
I talked to the priest today, so basically anything that's said here is pretty much irrelevant. which I'm glad I spoke to a human being in real life instead of you guys. =)
And the people participating here aren't human beings? :unsure:

Do you also invalidate every message a friend sends you via text or email as "not real"?

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
I can't respect any so-called priest or religion that would say it's okay to be rude and disrespectful to people as long as you're not speaking to them "in real life".

You say "I DO enjoy posting this crap here. if you met me in real life, it would be so different". Why would it be so different? Why would you want to act differently online than you do in person? I've met a few "online friends" from forums and we've become "real life" friends. Why? We were the same people in person that we were on forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom