this thread has been started for Richard. (3 Viewers)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:32
But let us not forget like I just told Richard to posts ago that if you combine a mind like mine and a brain like yours or Richards pretty good things could come out of it if I cared at all
*two

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:32
if you think I care one bit about my reputation in this place you're seriously mistaken galax. As far as the limitedness of my knowledge base you guys have no idea what type of knowledge base I have and I've said this a million times you will never understand because your mind is stuck in the technological world

The rest of use care about the reputation of this site and the effect of erroneous posts on it.
You have demonstrated your limited knowledge with your frequent misconceptions.
You clearly have a very serious case of Dunning-Kreuger Effect.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 14:32
then the question Still Remains why am I not banned permanently yet? Are you seriously going to tell me that every single post of mine is erroneous? Clearly I'm doing at least some good around here and actually a lot of posters have liked my stuff or ever have at least pushed the like button so maybe that's the reason that I'm not gone on a permanent basis yet?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
And by the way I was not referring to the reputation of the site as a whole I was referring to the reputation of myself around here. The reputation of the site is just fine

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Dunning–Kruger effect.
In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence. (emphasis added)

Illusory superiority
In the field of social psychology, illusory superiority is a condition of cognitive bias wherein a person overestimates their own qualities and abilities, in relation to the same qualities and abilities of other people.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
An interesting discussion of psychology vs. God. All you smart cookies must know that God wins in the end so if you keep delving into scientific thought too much you will be the losers No Doubt

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
then the question Still Remains why am I not banned permanently yet? Are you seriously going to tell me that every single post of mine is erroneous? Clearly I'm doing at least some good around here and actually a lot of posters have liked my stuff or ever have at least pushed the like button so maybe that's the reason that I'm not gone on a permanent basis yet?
Asked and answered

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
One beautiful thing about the mind vs. a brain is you can change your mind.
and that means exactly what, moke? on a side note to all of this, I don't know if you guys are aware, but Jon increased my restricted nature by a period of 10 days because I joked about hacking into his client side code of this site if my privaleges were not restored. :rolleyes:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm sure he thought that joke was very funny.

I wonder what the British version of 18 U.S. Code § 1030 is?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Did he tell any of you guys about the Ukrainian attempts at SQL injection like 50 times in one day? He told me that a long time ago and his server logs showed that that was happening

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
this is very true, but you have to consider the person I was talking to, Richard. If I reiterated your words that I have just quoted you, and threw their technicalities at the man I was speaking with, he would've never spoken to me again because he would've felt incredibly low and stupid.

YOU missed the point. You offered something as an example. I critiqued it because AS USUAL it was deficient. I would have used other examples in the first place IF I were interested in transaction points - which I am not. What I don't understand is why, after I pointed out YOUR errors, you don't appear to feel incredibly low and stupid. But then, I have already acknowledged your thick skin, which probably is genetically linked to your thick skull.

Adam, I never wish you ill in your personal endeavors. Please understand that. But I think that you are only hurting yourself every time you post something that reveals your abysmal ignorance about hardware and some fairly basic concepts in software. It only takes a moment's thought to be more precise, to be more accurate, to carefully construct what you say in a way that doesn't totally demean everyone who sees your words. But you don't spend that moment. You must be on a budget and thus think you can't afford the time. And if I may make a sport-shooter analogy as an illustration, I am more like a sniper aiming for a target whereas you are more like a shotgunner hoping to bring down a couple of birds when you randomly scatter your shots. I have an image of you firing a blunderbuss. Emphasis on the blunder.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, we knew about the SQL injection attacks. Jon doesn't keep everything a secret.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
My future is not in technology Richard that's probably why I don't give an effort to be more precise like you. But it doesn't change the fact that I have a very wide knowledge base in saying that I know a little bit about a lot of things. So if you consider that concept from a managerial standpoint I would be a perfect manager whereas you would be a perfect technical person with expertise. But I guess I should not say that in this post because you are quite a bit older than me and therefore that would make me look like I'm being a smart-ass to you

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It is for this very reason that I said earlier that you and I working together could probably produce a lot of great things if I cared one bit about technology and furthering the material world. However I don't so that will never happen just like I stated before. And no the fact that you point out my supposed inaccuracies will never make me feel low and stupid because I have other things Lifting me up that will never go away. But since you don't believe in that stuff you can't see it like normal

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:32
I know a little bit about a lot of things. So if you consider that concept from a managerial standpoint I would be a perfect manager
yes - of little things. But you don't want to be a manager, probably never even been a manager and only think you could be a manager if you wanted

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
yes - of little things. But you don't want to be a manager, probably never even been a manager and only think you could be a manager if you wanted
actually I have managed a few developers before CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom