this thread has been started for Richard. (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:14
I have other things Lifting me up that will never go away.

I understand that your religious beliefs give you confidence to continue. I wish to be clear: Your religious beliefs are yours to have and I will not tell you that you can't have them. That is neither my decision nor my right. I simply have made a different choice.

Having said that, I can state one simple difference between us. You need your religion to provide you with an external source of being forgiven for your lack of perfection. I have learned to forgive myself for my lack of perfection without resorting to external sources.

You mention being a manager. I have been a manager at one time in my career. In fact, I was offered (and refused to take) a vice-presidency in a local company here in New Orleans. Before you ask: It was when my mother had just entered a nursing home, never again to come home. She needed me more than I needed another headache. Family came first.

At the time I was a department manager and had managed development teams several times. I understand the concept of managerial responsibility and of what is called "Theory X/Theory Y" management (the business equivalent of the parable of the sower and the seeds). The way I have seen you communicate with people on the forum, you wouldn't last a week before you would have an insurrection on your hands. I don't see you as being even as good a manager as the "pointy-haired boss" in the Dilbert comic strip. And HE is a total jackass.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I don't see you as being even as good a manager as the "pointy-haired boss" in the Dilbert comic strip. And HE is a total jackass.
you can say what you want richard, but more than likely people will be coming to me in the future when they start to confuse themselves to the point of not knowing what they are doing. it's already happening in some instances. I'm witnessing it around here, and i know it's happening where you're at as well, because the world is run by the devil, and the devil brings about confusion. are you honestly going to tell me that you DON'T see people running around with their heads cut off and being confused most of the day? If you would admit that you have NOT seen that recently, you're lying to yourself and to me.

these words go right hand in hand with the fact that the world is now run by those massive computer networks that have no control over themselves other than the universal "power off" switch that of course is *always* available if things start to go haywire. In terms of me being a manager....if I ever did that again, more than likely I would be instantly transformed into a mental health counselor rather than a development manager because people are scared $hitless of God's stillness and they get bored easily. and because of that problem, managers are now trying to keep people on their teams by "exciting" them through various methods. One method of course is trying to keep them "entertained" by training them on all different types of jobs, changing up routines, etc, etc. But they can do that crap all they want. It still doesn't change the fact that work, ANY work, is nothing more than mundane repetitive tasks all day long every day. If people can't deal with that, they won't be employed at the same place very long. That's one of the reasons too why in this day in age, many developers are trying to be pulled out of jobs by recruiters because there are SO FEW of them that are:

=> good at their jobs.
=> don't care one bit about remaining "challenged", but rather have the intelligence to bridge the gap between technicality and business process "compliance" and "complementing requests".

based on your age and wisdom richard, would you not agree with that? I would tend to think you're smart enough to figure this one out.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:14
My future is not in technology
I thought you were a software engineer? You often speak of your clients and websites you manage. Thats not tech?

Whats your hang up with age? Do you realize your not really that young? You'll be 40 shortly. Which means your hitting that apex where your closer to death than being born. By 40 I was 20 years into my career, married, couple kids, 2 houses and a few other grown up toys. Yea I can hear you already "Material things ..., The devil ..., etc"

Do you support yourself or do you rely on the kindness of others? From what you post you seem to always be looking for jobs and live on your fathers couch.
You sound like you want to blame the world for your shortcomings.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:14
I wouldn't necessarily say that I would saying God help scientific minded people because they're in danger
That's muddled at best. You really need to stop representing God's word, you're a horrible emissary.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I thought you were a software engineer? You often speak of your clients and websites you manage. Thats not tech?

Whats your hang up with age? Do you realize your not really that young? You'll be 40 shortly. Which means your hitting that apex where your closer to death than being born. By 40 I was 20 years into my career, married, couple kids, 2 houses and a few other grown up toys. Yea I can hear you already "Material things ..., The devil ..., etc"

Do you support yourself or do you rely on the kindness of others? From what you post you seem to always be looking for jobs and live on your fathers couch.
You sound like you want to blame the world for your shortcomings.
I think you're confused moke. the truth about my life at the moment is that I have 2 expertises. => 1) technological knowledge, and 2) spiritual knowledge. and I'm basically torn to threads over which one should win. but I know which one it will be. It will be #2, because technology means nothing in terms of what the real source of power is.

and why the hell would you say I live on my father's couch? that's a pretty stupid thing to say, and it obviously comes from a man that has fought for whatever he has. I suppose I respect that in you moke, considering the fact that everyone in the world does the same thing. "fight for position". but again, I can't blame you for doing that because all humans do the same thing. but whether or not you're in danger of destroying yourself depends solely on your ability to maintain self control. but obviously you can so you have nothing to worry about.

in terms of where I live, you are correct in some degree in that I don't have much to my name. as a matter of fact, I have virtually nothing and live in a very poor place. but that is my choice. I do that for a reason and the reason is something you probably won't understand so I won't belabor the point. and NO, I'm not looking for jobs all the time. I have plenty of money. Money is irrelevant, although everybody needs some to survive, I'll grant you that. but again, you like many others are missing the point of my life and why I live the way I live. If you don't understand it, or think I have no skill, it would be wise of you to keep quiet about it. It's always wise to keep quiet about things you don't understand. But maybe Richard will come back to me with the same thing huh? Since I obviously know nothing about access or anything else tech related, maybe I should not talk anymore either about this? yet again, we find ourselves at a strange dichotomy. =)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, I recognize that you are trying to follow the concepts of the ancient Essenes, a cult among Judaism that avoided opulence and favored a simple life of minimal material belongings. They were a charitable group and there is a serious argument among some scholars that claim Jesus was an Essene. (The description of his all-white robes and his sermons on charity are indicators.) It is your choice.

However, again we have divergent views. While I don't favor opulence, I do favor some creature comforts. (Actually, I do favor opulence until each year at about this time - tax season. But I digress...)

more than likely I would be instantly transformed into a mental health counselor

Now THERE is an image that can't be unseen! I'll agree to 1/3 of that. You certainly are mental.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Biblical Scholars are in the same danger that you are in Richard

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I agree. When we read your posts we risk the chance that we might die laughing.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, you have tipped your hand too many times. This is going public to confirm something for anyone who is curious: Proof that you are a troll.

You intentionally stir up controversy, the ultimate aim of a troll. The greatest irony comes from the fact that YOU claim to set the record straight for people who think they know it all. The ONLY way you can make that claim is if YOU think you know it all. Which you don't, by a long shot. That statement can only occur from someone who has NO respect for other members of the forum.

Go back to your bridge. You have demonstrated by your actions too many times that you have no interest in technically helping anyone. Your only goals are attention-grabbing and causing controversy. If you were seriously a follower of Jesus you would behave in a totally different manner. You are a hypocrite who doesn't care about loving thy neighbor - you want to rile up your neighbor. Begone, troll. I have no use for you. You can claim some other intent; you can claim a totally different attitude; but your repeated trolling belies all of your claims.

1585980455247.png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I was contemplating doing something like this when I saw the post too. I could not have put it any better than you - even if I would have spent days on it...

So let me just add, "Yeah, what Doc said!!"

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
that's a pretty good reference, richard. I remember that post. that was a while ago at this point. but of course, the meaning of that post had nothing to do with stirring up anything. that was meant to be a little bit of an eye opener to the corporate dwellers of the world regarding a possible reality of their future. but from a religious standpoint, I'm not really sure if what I said in that post will ever come to pass. my guess is that YES, it will. it's pretty much inevitable. but then again, a lot of the lying will start long before those events come to pass, I would think. lying is now a very common thing the world over anyway. I guess that's all I have to say about that. the only other thing, which you may have answered already, is this:

what the hell is the meaning of a "forum troll"!? I've also been called a troll on Linkedin, and I didn't understand it there either. but then again, not to put anyone down, but the person who called me that was a pretty ignorant being and pretty negative in her own life with a lot of anger coming out. not to mention the fact that she wasn't a believer either. so there is some commonality between these 2 scenarios it seems like....

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I've also been called a troll on Linkedin, and I didn't understand it there either.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...its a duck.

Or as my father was fond of saying, "If it looks like dog shit, smells like dog shit - there ain't no need to take a taste"

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:14
I think you're confused moke. the truth about my life at the moment is that I have 2 expertises. => 1) technological knowledge, and 2) spiritual knowledge. and I'm basically torn to threads over which one should win. but I know which one it will be. It will be #2, because technology means nothing in terms of what the real source of power is.

I have found in a long life of experience that the self proclaimed spiritually enlightened are invariably the biggest jerks of all. I've added you to that list.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 01:14
that was meant to be a little bit of an eye opener to the corporate dwellers of the world regarding a possible reality of their future. but from a religious standpoint, I'm not really sure if what I said in that post will ever come to pass. my guess is that YES, it will. it's pretty much inevitable. but then again, a lot of the lying will start long before those events come to pass, I would think. lying is now a very common thing the world over anyway.

Adam, Most of your posts make me think so hard. I really can't understand most of what you say. I mean, I know the meaning of the words, I simply can't understand where you want to get with that logic.
But after all, English is my third language. It may be my lack of understanding and knowledge, or the difference of our cultures.

but then again, a lot of the lying will start long before those events come to pass, I would think. lying is now a very common thing the world over anyway.
Have you ever imagined how painful a world without lie is? It's off-topic, but I've seen you talking about lying several times.
I suggest you watching The Invention of Lying. It's a fiction movie about a world with lie and how human started to lie for the first time.
It's a very interesting story and I'm sure you will enjoy 2 hours you spend on it.

PS: If anyone else is reading this, I strongly suggest you watch this movie. You can find it in Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
that was meant to be a little bit of an eye opener to the corporate dwellers of the world regarding a possible reality of their future.
The corporate dwellers follow your facebook page?

what the hell is the meaning of a "forum troll"!?
Go look at AdamEvanovich.com. I 've heard they have the most complete, all encompassing, better than everyone else's, article on how to do a google search.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
The corporate dwellers follow your facebook page?

Go look at AdamEvanovich.com. I 've heard they have the most complete, all encompassing, better than everyone else's, article on how to do a google search.
that website might not even be up for long. I'm still deciding what I want to do with it. your first question makes no sense. I'm not sure how richard got a hold of that. care to enlighten us richard? i can't remember back that far. I know for sure, or so I think, that I posed the LI article on this here on the forum, but not the facebook post.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Adam, Most of your posts make me think so hard. I really can't understand most of what you say. I mean, I know the meaning of the words, I simply can't understand where you want to get with that logic.
if you're not part of the faith Tera, you will never understand it. if you don't, don't worry about it. it's not a big deal.

and yes, I've seen that movie. it's on my movie list from many years ago. you know, all of those stored that I have so I will never run out of entertainment. =)

www.adamevanovich.com/m

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
You're not alone Tera.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom