This time goodbye is for good (1 Viewer)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 22:17
I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone here and some may miss this because it is in the Watercooler but I think it is best here. I am now on a different journey. I am deeply involved in SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) at work and am not likely going to be doing any Access development work anymore.

Due to that, and a few other things, I am giving up my Moderator position here and will not likely be back much, if ever. It has been a great run over these past 13 years and I wish you all at AWF the best.

Thanks Jon for putting together a great Access support site.

I have been reluctant to admit that I should move on but have come to realize that is what is occurring naturally anyway. I don't have time, nor the desire anymore, to moderate here nor really answer any questions. So thanks and so long everyone - thanks for the fish.

P.S. I've set this as a STICKIE on the Watercooler just for a while so it can be visible for a bit so friends might spot it easier but the mods can change that at anytime they wish.

For now, I am keeping my access website up, with the help of Access MVP Juan Soto, so that the links all work from previous posts (except the really old ones when I was using DotNetNuke). If it goes down sometime next year, you can expect to find the information on some site somewhere and I'll probably come back and post where so that you can find it.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Bob:

All the best to you! Thanks for the huge contribution you've made in this community over the years. I was always impressed with the quality and the quantity of your posts, and I find this place considerably less dynamic without your significant energy. You sure made a difference around here.
Thanks again, and all the best,
Mark

recyan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:47
Thanks Bob, I for one, have benefited a lot from your posts.
Best of Luck in all your current and future endeavours.

Thanks.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 05:17
Bob, you have been a great support to me personally in my development with Access and Databases. I really wish you all the very best in all your future endeavors ! You will be missed, as lagbolt has mentioned, you made a huge difference here. Hope things work out alright in the days to come. Thank you so much for all the posts, encouragement, chastising when we went wrong.

Good Luck and Good bye.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:17
Bob,
All the best in all your future endeavors. Over the years you have helped me directly; indirectly by means of your posts in response to others and via your website for which I am very appreciative. We will miss you.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
First time I've been to the water cooler for a long time, and what do I see? Bob's leaving message....

Goodbye Bob, but don't forget; you can always pop in to give us an update! "They say" Never shut any doors...

Best wishes and good luck on your new Journey...

Rand

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, I have been reading Bob's posts all over the internet for solutions and fixes to
access and vba related problems for several years. I and many others have learned so much from Bob larson that he should get an emmy award from microsoft.
Good Luck BOB :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks for everything Bob and all the best for the future.

Brian

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Thanks for all your help. Now that I have retired, I'm sort-of out of the MS Access business myself.

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Well that's a real shame Bob, but you know when the time comes!

You've replied to many of my questions over the years and moreover I see your name cropping up again and again with helpful advice, when I search the forum for answers to whatever problem I'm currently having. You'll be missed round here.

Slán agus beannacht!

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Thanks for all of your posts your contribution will not be forgotten. It is good to diversify but what I find is that you never really lose it all and there are always cases where the old skills really give you vision on some problems.

Doubtless you will be as successful in your new avenue as you were here.

PS nice to see the young gun Paul developing.

What do they say.
Gracefully surrender things to youth and consider the council of experience.

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Well drat. Late to the party as usual. In case you ever revisit this thread Bob, I'm sorry to see you go but wish you all the very best in your new journey. You've always been an incredible asset to this community, and I've learned a bunch from reading your very many posts on Access development while answering people's questions.

Thanks for all the knowledge. And if you're ever up in Whatcom County WA give me a call. I think I owe you a beer of two! :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:17
Thanks for your help and your kind MVP nomination a couple of years ago, Bob. I find that like you, I am become less involved in MS Access that I would like because my work is getting crazy. However, in less than a year, I will retire from systems administration work and see what else I might wish to do as a part-timer (to supplement my IRA distributions and Social Security checks.) I don't know if that means I'll have more time to do some Access answering - or whether I will lose interest when I no longer have any work at all for Access.

At the moment I'm leaning towards returning to my fiction-writing. I have five finished novels and two more in work at different stages. No publishers yet, but that's OK. I'll get there some way or another.

Bob, I'll give you the same farewell that the U.S. Navy gives to those who separate from service: Fair winds and following seas!

zooropa67

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all the help you've given us over the years Bob. All the best.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 16:17
Bob

Thanks for all the help. You will be missed by many especially the new comers.

Best wishes in your new undertakings.

Rain Lover from down under.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
This thread is nearly a year old, I think Bob is long gone.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom