Time Stamps (1 Viewer)

SUICIDEKING13

Local time
Today, 03:30
Ok what im looking for help with.

I have a form that i want to some how in a text box post a time stamp anytime information in a certain field is changed by another user.

The time stamp shows on the table only when the table is saved or imported.

is there a vba code i can attach to a text box that will show me anytime an entry is made? please let me know. thank you.

Sorry if this question has already been answered. Im at work and don't really have the time to search.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:30
have a field (called TimeStamp), set its datatype to Date/Time and it's default value to now(). This will update automatically when adding a new record but if updating you will need to include it in your beforeupdate event Timestamp=Now()

SUICIDEKING13

Local time
Today, 03:30
Not exactly what i was looking for. but thanks for trying to help. I just need to know without having to open the table if someone has entered new data in the table. Hence the time stamp on the form. if they haven't i don't necessarily want to even look at the table.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 01:30
Then you put a Date/Time field in the table as suggested, then on your form you place a text box bound to this field. In the Before Update event of your form you update the time stamp field using the Now() function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom