Today, I really fancy a... (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:17
On the subject of whether Mexican Spanish resembles "Spanish" Spanish, I can tell you that Cajun French is not at all identical to "French" French. For instance, in French, to say "I don't know" you might say "je ne c'est pas" - but in Cajun it is "pa ca ne." In French, a potato is "pomme de terre" (apple of the earth) but Cajuns just say "potat." Despite that, some of the odd-sounding names in south Louisiana really aren't French despite their spelling. That is because a little bit of Choctaw filtered in. So when you hear about the Bogue Falaya River or the Bogue Chitto River, those are actually Choctaw, not French or Cajun French, for Black River and Black Squirrel. So... what's in a name anyway?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what made you think otherwise?

The way you described your work made it appear that way. You are so vague in some of your descriptions that it seems as though you are a gig-style employee as opposed to long-term.

neuroman9999

Local time
you are a gig-style employee as opposed to long-term.
ummmmm....no, that would be for people in California. =( and I find it disgusting that the high tech people in CA promote that stuff. That doesn't create robustness in an economy. It creates poor people. Shame on them for not having any brains other than the mentality to get rich quick.

Soooooo Richard, what can I do to eliminate what you call, my "'vagueness""??

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I will avoid an insulting comeback here, tempting though it might be. I will avoid a direct provocation here. Conscious de-escalation.

neuroman9999

Local time
you didn't answer my question grandpa. are you interested in my assets or not?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Not enough to care to further engage in this thread.

andyrice

Local time
Today, 00:17
I have been learning Mexican Spanish. Pre-Covid I would also go to Tijuana a lot, since I live near the border.
I think I would have a hard time with Castilian Spanish. I am very used to the border accent.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 03:17
To have my wife at home fit and well and not in a care home with multiple sclerosis where she can't walk or care for herself. I am allowed to see her once a month (distanced of course)
I see these thugs on TV killing, they are fit and well. Why must my wife who has never hurt a fly suffer, and these thugs don't.
Col
I can identify. Same situation, not only in nursing home but also MS. Before she had a leg amputated I had a lift added to my RV and she went with me all over the US. I towed a pick up behind the RV to put her scoter in.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
A painkiller. Seriously, I hate that doctors and pharmacies over-prescribed and caused so much addiction that is near impossible to get some relief when you really need it. I've got severe back issues that don't often flair up terribly bad but I broke my toe last week and the boot I'm wearing is causing serious pain in my back.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:17
Health care should be one place where we can be non-partisan. I hope you can find some relief for your back and toe.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
pharmacies over prescribe?
They overfilled. Look up the trouble they have gotten into over the fiasco. It's not just doctors.

To be fair though, I meant pharmaceutical companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom