VBA Copy File to Clipboard (1 Viewer)

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:11
Hi, I'm sure this has been answered before but after a few hours of searching, I haven't found a solution. In Access I create an invoice and I then save it as a PDF so I have a record of it. That all works great. What I want to do is after the PDF is created, I want to copy the PDF FILE to the clipboard, NOT the text location with the filename. I receive email requests for a copy of the invoice. When replying to those emails, it would be much quicker create the PDF invoice in Access and then to simply do a Ctrl-V in the Outlook email which will paste the PDF file as an attachment to the email rather than clicking on "Attach File" and then navigating to where I saved the file. I want to use VBA and not an API.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Chuck

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:11
see this link - easily found with the search 'attach a file to an email using access vba'. So think you need to brush up on your searching skills

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:11
Oops, apparently CJ searches faster than I do. (y)

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:11
Sorry to be a pain. From what you've posted, they either use API's or they're doing things like creating an email with attachments.. I create emails every day using VBA with attachments. In my question I know the full path to the PDF file that I've created. I just want to copy to the clipboard the file, and not the full path text. That's all I want to do. Copy the actual file to the clipboard.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:11
Sorry to be a pain. From what you've posted, they either use API's or they're doing things like creating an email with attachments.. I create emails every day using VBA with attachments. In my question I know the full path to the PDF file that I've created. I just want to copy to the clipboard the file, and not the full path text. That's all I want to do. Copy the actual file to the clipboard.
Hi. Are you saying you don't want to use API?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:11
Sounds like Pauls solution is more appropriate - but still uses API's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom