Weather (1 Viewer)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:42
Brianwarnock said:
Hi Rak
Do you get a lot of snow and ice on the Dutch mountains, I was wondering if I came to climb them in the winter would I need crampons and an ice axe.

...I'm guessing that Raks location is a joke as I think Hollands highest point is measured in inches.

You're right Brian, but where I live is one of the highest places in NL, some 54 meters above sea level. Compared to the rest of the lowlands , it is quite an altitude. :cool:
But an average winter would give us some 20 cm of snow and temperatures may drop to some -10C for an approx 12 nights. Guess it's pretty close to the UK midlands climate. Having said that you'll still need crampons and an axe to climb the mountain I live at. ;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 18:42
rak said:
You're right Brian, but where I live is one of the highest places in NL, some 54 meters above sea level. Compared to the rest of the lowlands , it is quite an altitude. :cool:
But an average winter would give us some 20 cm of snow and temperatures may drop to some -10C for an approx 12 nights. Guess it's pretty close to the UK midlands climate. Having said that you'll still need crampons and an axe to climb the mountain I live at. ;)

Better watch that altitude sickness there Rac.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:42
jsanders said:
Better watch that altitude sickness there Rak

That's why you'll need the crampons and the axe Joe. ;)

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 17:42
Cosmos75 said:
If you don't like the weather, stick around... it'll change

Doesn't everyone say that? It just seems that I hear that everywhere I go. Maybe I'm just going to the wacky weather places... :confused:

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:42
the saying here in Kansas is "if you dont like the weather wait 30 minutes it'll change"

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Matty said:
Doesn't everyone say that? It just seems that I hear that everywhere I go. Maybe I'm just going to the wacky weather places... :confused:

They certainly seem to.
That and the 'Wait XXX minutes' one posted by KalelGmoon.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 23:42
Brianwarnock said:
I ran around the rim at Bryce 85000, I think , most thought me mad,

Brian

Man

If you can do that at 85000 when your retired, then I cannot wait for that magical retirement day.

THat's truly impressive, but then Brian we know you for the honest, sound gentlemen that you are.

:D :D :D :D

Len

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
Man

If you can do that at 85000 when your retired, then I cannot wait for that magical retirement day.

THat's truly impressive, but then Brian we know you for the honest, sound gentlemen that you are.

Len
And he obviously isn't a heavy smoker

Len Boorman

Local time
Rich said:
And he obviously isn't a heavy smoker

At that height cigarrettes won't burn

Nah

Cannot say what I was thinking

L

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Man

Len

LMAO, guess I should sign up for the space program that kind of ability must be useful. :D

Brian

Len Boorman

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
LMAO, guess I should sign up for the space program that kind of ability must be useful. :D

Brian

Headline

Brit runs in space

Everybody else walks ?

:D :D :D

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
I remember a freak snowfall between the end of May, beginning of June when I was 13 (over a decade ago). We were all in our summer blouse uniform (worn from the Easter hols to the Summer hols) which was made of that thin material that goes immediately transparent on impact of the many snowballs that the boys threw at us!
Cue lots of cold, wet teenage girls and excitable teenage boys with nothing they could do about it :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just browsing through some of the weather comments. I suppose I'd not given it much thought, but I always imagined that most of the USA was warm most of the year.:eek:

Places like Tulsa I always imagine as being hot. We see snow on the news in New York sometimes but it seems it snows alot generally in the US or at least get very cold temperatures.

I've read that Montana and Alaska can get some snow and low temps.

Today here, its at least 8 to 10C, totally wrong for December.

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Just browsing through some of the weather comments. I suppose I'd not given it much thought, but I always imagined that most of the USA was warm most of the year.:eek:

Places like Tulsa I always imagine as being hot. We see snow on the news in New York sometimes but it seems it snows alot generally in the US or at least get very cold temperatures.

I've read that Montana and Alaska can get some snow and low temps.

Today here, its at least 8 to 10C, totally wrong for December.

Col

That place where I built that lodge last summer got 30 feet of snow last year. And it doesn't melt until spring.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
That place where I built that lodge last summer got 30 feet of snow last year. And it doesn't melt until spring.
Did you take a snowboard along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom