What's your best/worst joke? (2 Viewers)

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 18:13
And your teacher is Mr. Al Yankovic.

Actually, I used to play the "German Aggravator" instrument. However, my mother was a teacher at a local music school and she left our accordion locked up in the music store. One night, an enterprising - and probably somewhat skinny - burglar knocked out two cinder blocks in the back of the building to gain entrance. He stole several band instruments and the accordion. If he had a big enough truck, there were two spinet pianos available, but that would have been a bit harder to manipulate by a single burglar.

I can freely admit that I used to play accordion. These days, though, I'm an organist.
I hope they at least appreciated the unique challenge of hauling away an accordion! Do you still play other instruments or have you thought about picking up the accordion again?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:13
Hotel.jpeg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:13
I hope they at least appreciated the unique challenge of hauling away an accordion! Do you still play other instruments or have you thought about picking up the accordion again?

I play accordion, trumpet, play like I play electric bass, but my main instrument is organ. I have none of the other instruments after Hurricane Katrina flooded my house in 2005, but I have a Technics SX-F5 organ. It is a midi-compatible full "pop" console with 2x61 note keyboards and a 25-note pedalboard.

You can search for pictures of one online as you see them coming up every so often in estate sales and used organ dealerships. I tried to post a link to a couple of different sites, but the links to the auction sites don't seem to work. I managed to find a video that someone posted to show what they sound like. This is NOT me playing, but when you see the control panel you will recognize that it isn't a toy.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, Adam, I do. Took trumpet for about 3 years before my (private) teacher retired and, at that time, I was learning organ. I liked that better and my parents were probably secretly glad I wasn't going to make them pay for lessons for two instruments from two different teachers at the same time.

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 18:13
I play accordion, trumpet, play like I play electric bass, but my main instrument is organ. I have none of the other instruments after Hurricane Katrina flooded my house in 2005, but I have a Technics SX-F5 organ. It is a midi-compatible full "pop" console with 2x61 note keyboards and a 25-note pedalboard.

You can search for pictures of one online as you see them coming up every so often in estate sales and used organ dealerships. I tried to post a link to a couple of different sites, but the links to the auction sites don't seem to work. I managed to find a video that someone posted to show what they sound like. This is NOT me playing, but when you see the control panel you will recognize that it isn't a toy.

Sorry hear about your previous lost. Katrina was one of the most destructive hurricane at that time, and I believe up to this day.

conception_native_0123

Local time
richard, did I tell you that I was a trumpet major in college for a while before I switched to business? It was hard work!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:13
All the boys that wanted to BE :cool: played the trumpet. Trombone players were for those of us who didn't care to be :cool:, thereby making us :cool: by accident...

*mic drop*

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Didn't know that, Adam. But at least there are SOME circumstances where you can blow your own horn.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
All the boys that wanted to BE :cool: played the trumpet. Trombone players were for those of us who didn't care to be :cool:, thereby making us :cool: by accident...

*mic drop*

Does that mean that somehow you were able to slide into being cool?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, I have to admit a congenital defect. I can't pass up a straight line or any other opportunity for a riposte of some sort.

Kind of like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, when it was revealed that Toons can't pass up completion of the "shave and a haircut" jingle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom