White Lives Don't Matter - apparently (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:13
How about Trump played by Will Smith? Would that be ok? :ROFLMAO:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
When the TV series Wild Wild West was made into a movie with the leading man James West portrayed by Will Smith it was a disaster. Some roles people won't buy.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There could be some interesting permutations. In a Hollywood biopic, Mike Tyson becomes a transgendered white female, who bites off the ear of a sexist old white two-spirit non-binary opponent. Everything is clear as day. The only issue is people get confused over what salutation to use for the previously called Mr Tyson. "Mike" is too familiar and therefore violent, because offensive words are violence. This new reality has you locked up for such law breaking, while looting goes unnoticed.

They enter the ring, two warriors conducting battle. One had huge musculature, but this has been stunted somewhat by the testosterone limits for the sporting contest. In fact, the previously labelled Mr Tyson has become so frail, they have a sofa and TV in-between rounds.

Thing and thing launch into this medieval thuggery, spouting words so nasty that they have ambulances on standby for the audience. Some have already fainted, and are already seeking damages. After two minutes, the contest is over, with two-spirit scoring an underhand knockout blow. Poor old "Mike" was flattened by an unfounded accusation that he spoke to Trump many years ago. Unfortunately, such scars rarely heal and he retired from the ring. Let this be a lesson to you all.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:13
Jon, given the absolute trash being penned by Hollywood screen-play writers these days, I think you have found your second career.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm going for a BAFTA, since woke is in favour.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:13
How about Trump played by Will Smith? Would that be ok?
Would they make him wear orange hair? Who cares what people look like if you are filming fiction. If you are filming history, it ought to be as historically accurate as it can be. My town (Stratford) had a Shakespeare theater that used to be very popular. Big grounds for picknicking on the river and generally good productions by travelling companies. But, we went to see King Lear and the actors were all dressed in empire era costumes. The image was so wrong, I couldn't enjoy the performance. I kept waiting for Neapolitan to appear.

Back in the 70's one of my good friends taught 4th grade. He came into school one day an announced that brown-eyed people (his eyes were brown) people were the best. They would get to go first and they would be addressed as Miss and Mr. and a bunch of other things It was pretty amazing how the brown-eyed kids became uppity bullies. They were sorry the next day when he turned the tide on them. One of our neighbors took care of my daughter when I decided I needed to go back to work when she was 6 months old. Dorothy and I had become friends during the time I was at home and we spent a lot of time together with our kids. She wasn't going back to work until her daughter who was 2 years older than mine went to first grade. The situation was perfect. I would get up in the morning, change Christine's diaper, give her a bottle and get myself ready. Then I would bring her downstairs to Dorothy who would bath and dress her and feed her and take care of her for the rest of the day. Eventually Dorothy wanted to go back to work so Christine had to go to daycare. The was there for maybe three days before she asked me if Dorothy was black. So I explained physical differences such as hair color and eye color and skin color. She was cool with that and never mentioned it again. Imagine having to have this conversation with a child who is not even 3 years old.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Tucker: CDC's horrific vaccine distribution plan governed by race

Ethics expert to NYT: Delaying vaccine for 'older ... whiter' people will 'level the playing field'

An ethics and health policy expert from the University of Pennsylvania says officials should consider delaying the coronavirus vaccine for aging white populations to racially “level the playing field.”

Harald Schmidt made the comments in a recent piece by The New York Times exploring the various trade-offs foisted upon society by the contagion.

“Older populations are whiter,” Mr. Schmidt told the newspaper. “Society is structured in a way that enables them to live longer. Instead of giving additional health benefits to those who already had more of them, we can start to level the playing field a bit.”

Posting addition: The American Left Has Now Fully Embraced Racism
Just in the last week in the areas of medicine, education, and journalism, well-intentioned institutional racists have insisted — as is increasingly their habit — that skin color is and must be the defining element of our public policies.

The push to make decisions based on race continues. Essentially, the left is pushing racist policies along the Orwellian style mantra that: "we must have more racism, to end racism". This bodes ill for the incoming Biden administration's assertion that they will seek "unity" and "restore the soul of America" as Biden will not put an end to the promotion of identity politics. Biden will probably advocate this type of divisive behavior,

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
“Older populations are whiter,” Mr. Schmidt told the newspaper. “Society is structured in a way that enables them to live longer."
Let's give the vaccine to men only at first then, since men don't live as long as women. Same logic.

We go from fighting to ban skin colour, age and gender discrimination, to fighting to use skin colour, age and gender discrimination. I wish the left would make up their minds.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I hate to think of these idiots as evil even though that is the way they think of people who disagree with their sick policies but really??? How can people be so stupid? I guess they're all on board with the "If they go low, kick them" philosophy. Fighting racism (which doesn't actually exist) with racism is simply evil.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I like Forest Gump's opinion - "Stupid is as stupid does".

Some things like thinking discrimination against a certain demographic today, makes up for discrimination against a different demographic in the past are just plain stupid. That warped thinking has noting to do with how educated you are since we can tell by watching TV that educated people are not exempt from being stupid. It is also a perversion of the biblical eye-for-an-eye. It is a perversion because it doesn't punish the people who committed the "crime", it punishes some people you decide are somehow responsible. My family never owned slaves. We didn't even live here until the end of the 19th century. When I was a manager and hiring people, I didn't discriminate on immutable attributes. I did however discriminate on competence and the ability to do the job I was hiring for. Why should I be discriminated against today because some people some time in the past which were in no way associated with me did something considered bad today that wasn't even considered bad when they did it?? Is there ANY logic whatsoever in this position? Why do so many people nod their heads sagely and go along with the joke?

People really have to stop going along with dangerous ideas like this. Stop being so afraid of being called names. Stand up for what's right. Remember that story your mother read to you as a kid - "The Emperor's New Clothes". What was the moral of that story and why do we tell it to our children?

Here is a prime example of the stupidity of educated people.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Has the child having a paddy in the White House who can't yet count admitted defeat yet?

Also, I heard that the people who put up candidates for president are using crayons to decide, they replaced a black with orange then with white. They're on the lookout now for a red indian who can count and tell the truth.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
They're on the lookout now for a red indian who can count and tell the truth.
That's the way identity politics works. Listing to the talking heads discus Biden's cabinet picks is hysterical. Not a word about experience or competence or affinity for the job. Only immutable characteristics count. We need a black person for this, a Hispanic for that, someone who identifies as a duck for that, etc. Wait! We don't have any Native Americans. We can trade a lesbian and an Asian out to get a better skin tone balance. Pretty soon we're going to have a category for straight or curly hair.

Why do the Dems think this is a rational way to pick appointees?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
There is a hidden issue that never seems to get mentioned in the illogical quest for "diversity". Those appointed to fill a diversity slot, may actually be advocates for their ethnic identification. So not only are you avoiding the issue of "competence" for a job, you are actually appointing a person to a job who will be an advocate for their racial group. Given that, they may actually view their supposed job as being incidental (if not irrelevant) to their primary role of being an advocate.

Further down the road. We are seeing this emerge today with Kamala Harris. A Black person gets appoint to a specific job. That Black person leaves the job and the appointing authority now proposes to appoint a Whiter person. The Black community becomes incensed over what they believe is Black "slot" being given to a White person thereby destroying diversity. That approach is just becoming "ripe" with Kamala Harris. Black Lives Matter is demanding that Governor Newsom appoint a Black female (two diversity check marks) to fill Harris's seat when she becomes vice-President.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
quest for "diversity"
And it's diversity in immutable characteristics only. NEVER diversity of thought. God forbid we intersperse an occasional rational thought.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We cannot think individually anymore, else you might end up offending groupthink.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
All I can say is be strong and keep the faith. We're in for a precipitous decent into insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom