Why are Americans so stupid? (2 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:17
It was a horrible, dark period in our country's history. :eek:

That's all there has ever been - when will the "dark periods" end?

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:17
Given the nature of my post I felt it needed to go in this stupid thread ( I mean 'Stupid' thread :p ):

This is hard to read - I'm reading about this little girl and all of a sudden they say something like 'He did so and so...' and I stop & think - 'I thought they were talking a girl!?!'

I mean, why not name her 'Her Kexin'? :p

Local time
Today, 12:17
What's the matter with gymnasts under 16? Weren't Nadia, Mary Lou, etc., etc. all under 16?

I like this:
“We already explained this very clearly,” Zhang said. “There’s no need to discuss this thing again.”

That guy has obviously never dealt with the western media. No need for him to discuss it (or is it her?) but plenty of need for the western media to discuss it (gotta fill up my 30 minute show/column).

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
What's the matter with gymnasts under 16? Weren't Nadia, Mary Lou, etc., etc. all under 16?

I like this:

That guy has obviously never dealt with the western media. No need for him to discuss it (or is it her?) but plenty of need for the western media to discuss it (gotta fill up my 30 minute show/column).

I believe that at least some of them were, but at some point since their glory days, the IOC raised (or perhaps set) the minimum age of a participant to 16 years old.

Local time
Yeah, if you read on in the article, it says they were worried about their fragile little bones breaking. Obviously, on your 16th birthday your bones become robust and able to handle the challenges of beating your body to death for the entertainment of the world.

I haven't been watching the olympics but I'm willing to bet the Chinese girls are impressive, regardless of their age.

Alane

very 'umble
Local time
Today, 10:17
Given the nature of my post I felt it needed to go in this stupid thread ( I mean 'Stupid' thread :p ):

This is hard to read - I'm reading about this little girl and all of a sudden they say something like 'He did so and so...' and I stop & think - 'I thought they were talking a girl!?!'

I mean, why not name her 'Her Kexin'? :p

And that why the English think Americans are stupid. The English don't do a sense of humor. lol.

Local time
Ha ha...good one!

See, it's funny because of the irony related to Alane's Americanized spelling of "humour" and Rich's being "English" and all...oh never mind, figure it out for yourself.

statsman

Local time

I like this:

Gee...you mean the IOC made a decision based on political considerations and not on thier rules. What a suprize. :D

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I was so proud of Canada, taking a political stand and performing a major protest against the olympic games for the past week... Makes me sad that Canada's protest by refusing to win any medals was not successful now that some solidarity breaker went and won in wrestling...

Gee...you mean the IOC made a decision based on political considerations and not on thier rules. What a suprize. :D

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:17
Jake,

When Colin gets back, he'll help you with that spelling thing.

Wayne

Jake Wilkinson

Local time
Jake,

When Colin gets back, he'll help you with that spelling thing.

Wayne

Not to sound mean or anything, but is that sarcasm?

(Oh, and by the way, I noticed there is also another person with the last name of Wilkinson here and I am of no relation, I think. Hopefully another Danish branch of my family):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom