why do IT people insist on internet communication? (2 Viewers)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:37
I was never a beer drinker. It was pointless to me. Went in yellow and foamy. Came out yellow and foamy. I didn't see where I was doing anything with it. Now that my liver is precariously poised, I can't have any liquor at all. But I don't miss it.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 02:37
Guinness isn't yellow, and tastes far better than "yellow" beer.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Now that my liver is precariously poised, I can't have any liquor at all..
Richard,

I once asked my doctor about drinking those 12 shots at once on an occasional basis and how it would affect my liver and he told me that I had nothing to worry about because the liver is a self recovering organ, and as long as I wasn't doing it on a daily basis I was safe from cirrosis of the liver. I'm not sure I was ever convinced.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True, the liver CAN heal. But folks with Non-Alcoholic Steato-Hepatitis (NASH, they call it) must lay off the alcohol so the liver CAN heal. I wasn't a drinker before anyway, but in this case alcohol would interfere with the healing.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I hoped for a long time that my prostate would heal, but it took a bit of surgery to take care of my BPH. I had a TURP. Those are both common enough medical terms that you should be able to figure them out. Hint: A "TURP" is also colloquially known as a "Roto-Rooter" job. Go ahead and cringe if you wish. I did when that was first recommended.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Then of course everyone knows why beer goes through you so fast. It does not have to stop at the kidneys to change color.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I hoped for a long time that my prostate would heal, but it took a bit of surgery to take care of my BPH. I had a TURP. Those are both common enough medical terms that you should be able to figure them out. Hint: A "TURP" is also colloquially known as a "Roto-Rooter" job. Go ahead and cringe if you wish. I did when that was first recommended.
I've had the prostate biopsy (12) cores, so yeah the cringe factor is at a 12 :eek:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Boy, talk about threads going off topic! :p

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 05:37
doc man,
I will not be visiting you in Dec. I have a neck injury from my visit in Guadalajara. I have canceled my LA meeting to stay home for doctor treatments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom