Why do women hate the 'C' word?

Response to comments in the jokes thread

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen --- gentlemen?

Interesting concept, in many ways I do consider myself a gentleman, I think if you review my style, my posts here, you will find that I generally conduct myself in a gentlemanly manner.

I have also offered to remove the offending material which is I believe the gentlemanly thing to do!

Maybe if I was a real gentleman I would have just removed it!

What I would say is that over the last twenty or so years, I have seen a marked shift in society. Swearing in particular and other unsavory practices are more openly common and public.

Recently I went to an open day at our local college, I was sat in the cafeteria having a coffee, and a group of students on the table next to me we're talking. Their conversation became louder and louder, expletives started to become very audable. What should I do? I consider myself a gentleman, there were no other customers in the room, however there was a waitress busily cleaning tables. Clearly she could hear the bad language, I am in a dilemma. Do I stand up and chastise the lads for their bad behavior? Or do I sit there and keep quiet. Whichever I do, I can't be right. What would you do?

leave her a decent tip and apologize for the lads grossly inappropriate behavior.

On a different note.

Saw an interview with Billy Connelly the other night (we all know how he swears!) and he was explaining the meaning of f**k off.

He sayed that is doesn't mean "Go Away" because when you tell poeple to "Go Away", there rarely do, but when you tell them to f**k off, then they go. So it obviously MUST mean something different! :D

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom