Will Joe Biden be the next president? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:20
You've misunderstood the concept of using masks.
No, I understand it perfectly. If I wear a mask I am a good person and if I don't wear a mask I am evil and trying to infect people and kill them even though the likelihood of me actually being infectious is very small. If the masks actually stopped virus particles, they would make sense. As it is, they are simply a means to attack people who haven't drunk the cool aid. It's like the snow job that TSA actually keeps us safer even though they continually fail every test thrown at them.
And yes, every one of us carries spare masks.
Interesting. I don't know a single person except me who carries a spare mask. Now I know one:)
Nothing is perfect. We are not perfect either.
I'm not looking for perfection. I'm looking for rationality. But all I get is virtue signalling and a willingness to believe scientists who so far have been 100% wrong in their assessments. If it makes you feel safe to believe, then by all means believe. The rush to put armed guards in schools is another example of this. Everyone felt SAFE because there was an off-duty policeman somewhere on the school premises. Sadly, as some people in Florida found out a couple of years ago, their armed guard ran away when the shooting started and let their children be murdered. But the parents really felt safe. Japan has a completely different history and national ethic than the US. Here we believe that we are responsible for ourselves and it is up to us to take care of ourselves. At least that was the feeling. Too many have recently bought into the "government will 'protect' you foolishness". How'd that work for the people in Seattle when terrorists took over 6 blocks of the downtown area for weeks? Did the government protect the businesses and residents. No it did not. In fact, the "government" specifically told the police to stand down and vacate their headquarters building. The lawsuits have started flying. I sure hope they succeed.
Just like using a mask. A mask is not perfect. But assume it saves your health against 30% of getting infected situations.
That's just it. The masks that I see people wearing are approximately 3% effective, NOT even 30% and if you you are not wearing the mask correctly, it is 0% effective.
Cute moke:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Isaac brought up some good points regarding "feeling". All those politicians who are making life and death decisions for you based on the "science" aren't gong to loose their job if they shut down their little fiefdoms. Their income will keep coming even if they never have to ever set foot in their office again. I have good friends who have been devastated by this. A dentist friend simply gave up and closed his office and retired 5 years early. He put 20 people out of work, permanently. Three of the clubs where I play bridge will permanently close. It simply isn't possible to social distance when four people need to sit at the same table and touch playing cards touched by others. I've been playing online but I really hate it. All of the social aspect of getting together with friends is gone from my life which to be perfectly honest is making me a little cranky. New storefronts in my little town are boarded up every week. They aren't coming back. How many people lost those jobs? The Chinese restaurant I've been frequenting for 40 years is hanging on by a thread. I think if the owner didn't still have one child in college, he would have simply shut the doors. As it is, he laid off half his staff and is back to doing the cooking himself most days. I haven't actually seen my mother-in-law since March (she's 97). It's hard to talk on the phone because she's hard of hearing so she is very isolated and very unhappy. The husband of my cleaning lady lost his job. He doesn't know if it will come back. They are only surviving because my cleaning lady took on more clients and her husband is getting the extra $600 from unemployment for at least another week or two. After that, they're underwater. This was supposed to be my twin grandchildren's last summer as camp counselors. They just turned 21 at the end of June and have been attend camp as campers or counselors since they were 8 at the same camp where their mother went when she was a kid except their mother was much more into boys and when she aged out at 15, she wasn't interested in continuing as a counselor. The governor of Connecticut using "science" made it virtually impossible for overnight camps to reopen and so their camp converted from a sleep over girls camp to a day camp for both boys and girls. Apparently the governor thinks the science indicates that it is "safer" for children to leave at 5 every day so they can go home and mingle with their friends and family and come back in the morning to infect the staff and other children than it would have been to test everyone before the session started and keep them isolated for two weeks with the same campers and staff. I heard this morning that two counselors tested positive yesterday so that may be the end of camp as we know it. I wonder what those 200 parents are going to do for child care?

Those are only a few stories from people I know and love. Science has not helped us and government has made everything worse. That is why even though I carry a mask (plus another in my car) and even wear them when appropriate, I do not believe they do anything except make YOU feel better. BTW, the people at camp are RELIGIOUS about masks and gloves (even at the lakefront) to the point where my granddaughter (only one went back. The other refused) won't even come home on the weekend for fear of spreading the virus. So you people who are so clear that masks are the answer, how does that work for you? You can fool yourself all you want but you are not safe.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
How Biden can remain, in an apparent, lead in the polls over Trump is incomprehensible (at least from the conservative viewpoint). Biden says Trump is first racist U.S. president.

Forget slave holders like Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. Never mind Indian deporters like Andrew Jackson. And who ever heard of segregationists Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt?

Joseph R. Biden said Donald Trump is the first racist America has ever elected president.

The 77-year-old presumed Democratic presidential nominee made that remarkable claim at a Wednesday virtual town-hall meeting organized by the Service Employees International Union.

Then there was Biden's claim: Biden: 'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ow Biden can remain, in an apparent, lead in the polls over Trump is incomprehensible (at least from the conservative viewpoint).
I think they're polling the same people that they polled in 2016, at least that's what I'm hoping. The cancel culture has gotten so pervasive that people are afraid to say that they'll vote for Trump. I'm sure that would be a cause for firing if you were a teacher.

I think that poor blacks might actually be wising up. Keeping them uneducated and dependent on handouts from the government isn't working all that well. They're beginning to realize that they're still living on the plantation and wondering why there's an abortion center on every block (all the better to kill their children. Margaret Sanger has succeeded in crushing the growth of the black population. In many inner city communities there are fewer live births than abortions among black women.). Blacks in the US who grew up in working and middle class neighborhoods don't view themselves as victims and therefore are generally as successful as whites. Blacks who immigrate from Africa and the Caribbean are very successful because they don't view themselves as victims. They're not stupid either. If they thought we were as racist as the left wants you to think we are, why would they ever come here at all? It is the victimization by the Democrats in general and their own people in particular who are administrating the programs that they rely on or running the cities that they live in that are causing the problem. When children schooled in Baltimore can't pass standardized grade level tests, who's at fault? They have the third highest per student cost of all school systems in the US so it can't be a money issue. The school system in Greenwich, CT (a very expensive bedroom community as the first stop on the New Haven line once you cross into Connecticut from New York) spends less per pupil with a much higher success rate.

gcoaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
I don't like President Trump. But after watching this, I hope he wins the next round.

http://instagr.am/p/CC0wG7YnDoD/
Thr democrats are already destroying America, what do you think a radical black woman running mate abd shadow gov with Obama would do.
By the way, there is no way they are going to let biden and trump debate, it would be horrible to watch!!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
An unbelievable interview with Nancy Pelosi by CNBC News. Pelosi vows that Trump ‘will be leaving’ White House ‘whether he knows it yet or not’
“Whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving,” Pelosi said.

“Just because he might not want to move out of the White House doesn’t mean we won’t have an inauguration ceremony to inaugurate a duly elected president of the United States.”
It would appear that Pelosi is threatening Trump.

Back in 2016, Hillary expecting to win the presidential election, sanctimoniously declared that anyone challenging the results of the election (paraphrased): "A threat to democracy". The Democrats, after losing, went on a rampage of bogus accusations (Russian collusion), witch-hunts (Mueller investigation, and a fraudulent impeachment.

Civil unrest is occurring in cities such as Portland, Seattle, and Washington DC. Biden, and other members of the Democratic leadership have been silent on condemning the anarchy. Also telling is that the Democratic mayors and governors have essentially endorsed this anarchy. The political implication is that the Democrats are promoting this civil unrest in the hopes of using that unrest to (falsely) assert that Trump is "failing". We have already seen references by Democrats to federal law enforcement as being "storm troopers" to evoke intense emotional hatred.

Pelosi, considering that she is the Speaker of the House of Representaitves and third in line to be President is being grossly irresponsible. Peolosi in her interview is indicating that the Democrats will be escalating their rabid "resist" campaign which was initiated back circa 2016. The Democrats are the "threat to democracy".

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:20
Steve
As you of course realise, context is important here. As the article you quoted from makes clear, Pelosi's comments came after a Fox News interview with Ben Wallace where he pressed Trump on whether he will accept the results of the 2020 election. Trump declined to answer the question directly saying:

I have to see. Look you-I have to see. No I'm not going to just say yes. I'm not going to say no

Ben Wallace's interview with Trump was unusual for Fox News as he actually challenged him repeatedly on unsubstantiated answers and false statements.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Democrats are the "threat to democracy".
And if that weren't bad enough, the media is in the tank with them. Although I still believe that there actual Democrats still remaining, they have been silenced by the cancel culture and can't say anything so all we hear are the voices of America hating Marxists. My brother is a good example. He would never vote for Joe willingly but it isn't enough to make him vote for Trump. Trump has to capture the remnants of the rational Democrats somehow.

The leftists are the masters of projection. They continue to accuse the "opposition" of doing EXACTLY what they are doing. For almost three years now they have been making up lie after lie about Trump not being the "legitimate" president. Maybe they're preparing for another defeat:). The crazy thing is that Trump is a Democrat at heart. He's just a little more fiscally responsible. Ivanka "IS" a Democrat and so is her husband and they are two of Trumps closest advisors. I'm pretty sure Trump would have run as a Democrat if Hillary were not in the way. Although I knew the Dems would never get over Trump's tweets or boorish behavior, I hoped they would quiet down once they say his actual political leanings. But it was like someone threw acid in their eyes when "she" lost and it left them completely blinded by hatred.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Colin, you do realize that Trump was the ONLY Republican on the debate stage who refused to raise his hand to say he would accept the results of the 2016 election!!!! What kind of a question was that? Has it EVER been asked before in the history of this country? And in the end, who DIDN'T accept the results of the 2016 election? Projection yet again. Four years later, they STILL haven't accepted the 2016 election. They are still accusing Trump of anything they can think of except perhaps child molestation - We actually have Biden on film doing that but hey, that's just Joe.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Yes I do realise that Trump also refused to commit himself in 2016. That doesn't make his response acceptable now.
The question shouldn't need to be asked but Trump is already questioning the fairness of the election in advance.

Your views on the two parties are only too clear but as you well know the Democrats did accept the results in 2016. There was no challenge at the time.

Yet again I will state that I have grave reservations about Biden as well.
The fact that he is 8% ahead in the US polls is an indication of how bad Trump is - not that Biden is in any way good.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
As you of course realise, context is important here. As the article you quoted from makes clear, Pelosi's comments came after a Fox News interview with Ben Wallace where he pressed Trump on whether he will accept the results of the 2020 election.
It is irrelevant as to when Pelosi made her inappropriate comments. The Democrats disclosed back in 2016 that they were out to get Trump. The Washington Post, on the day Trump was inaugurated, wrote that the (unwarranted and ludicrous) impeachment process had begun. The Democrats were already (falsely) claiming, before Trump could do anything, that he had already committed impeachable offenses. Absurd. Pelosi's "context" was perfectly clear.

Ben Wallace's interview with Trump was unusual for Fox News as he actually challenged him repeatedly on unsubstantiated answers and false statements.
That is good. What is reprehensible is that the (left wing) media does not probe Biden in depth concerning all the negative baggage he is carrying. All the (left wing) media asks Biden are softball questions. That leaves the public with a false inappropriate positive image of Biden and an exaggerated negative image of Trump. The (left wing) media is not being neutral, they want Biden to win, which is wrong.

Yet again I will state that I have grave reservations about Biden as well.
You speak-up concerning Trump. Does this mean you will speak-up equally concerning Biden or will you remain silent?

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Steve
I have criticized Biden as well as Trump. On the other hand your attacks remain purely one sided.

Are you happy that Trump may not accept the results of the next election if he loses?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Are you happy that Trump may not accept the results of the next election if he loses?
Pure theater by Trump. But why are you hung-up on that "minor" point, but apparently are not concerned by the totally outragous attempts by Democrats to use any means, including manufacturing false accusations, to depose Trump. If the Democrats believed in the Democratic process all they had to do was accept the 2016 results and work harder to get votes for 2020.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think Trumps standing in the polls right now is purely a reflection of Covid. Three months ago, the race was a tight one. It changed virtually overnight. I think it is a reflection of when times are bad, blame the bad guy at the top. People have short memories. They forget how great the economy was, and, how everything was humming along nicely. The timing couldn't have been worse for Trumps re-election chances.

Given the probably chances of Biden being elected, we are going to have a horror show on our hands. Police budgets cut and and someone with serious cognitive decline running the most powerful country in the world.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Its certainly not a minor point.
Since you don't think that Trump's blustering showmanship is a "minor point", let me re-phrase. Pelosi remarked: "Whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving,” . So here we have Pelosi, the Speaker of the US House of Representatives, advocating the removal of Trump through any means, legitimate or illegitimate. So, if you are worried about Trump not leaving office, why are you not equally worried and/or speaking against Pelosi attempts to remove Trump from office before his term expires and attempts that will continue should he legitimately be re-elected. Seems that your are dismissing the seriousness of Pelosi's public statements.

Pelosi has foreshadowed, that even if Trump is legitimately reelected, that the Democrats will continue to obstruct the Trump administration and continue to seek his removal from office by any means. That should be troubling to anyone who supports the rule of law and the democratic process.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Since you don't think that Trump's blustering showmanship is a "minor point", let me re-phrase. Pelosi remarked: "Whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving,” . So here we have Pelosi, the Speaker of the US House of Representatives, advocating the removal of Trump through any means, legitimate or illegitimate. So, if you are worried about Trump not leaving office, why are you not equally worried and/or speaking against Pelosi attempts to remove Trump from office before his term expires and attempts that will continue should he legitimately be re-elected. Seems that your are dismissing the seriousness of Pelosi's public statements.

Pelosi has foreshadowed, that even if Trump is legitimately reelected, that the Democrats will continue to obstruct the Trump administration and continue to seek his removal from office by any means. That should be troubling to anyone who supports the rule of law and the democratic process.

Not true. What she actually was saying was that if he wasn't legitimately re-elected but then refused to accept the result, there were legal processes that would be invoked to ensure he couldn't remain in place without a democratic mandate.
You are putting a spin on her words that wasn't what she was actually saying.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Not true. What she actually was saying was that if he wasn't legitimately re-elected but then refused to accept the result, there were legal processes that would be invoked to ensure he couldn't remain in place without a democratic mandate.
You are putting a spin on her words that wasn't what she was actually saying.
Your spin versus mine.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I think Trumps standing in the polls right now is purely a reflection of Covid. Three months ago, the race was a tight one. It changed virtually overnight. I think it is a reflection of when times are bad, blame the bad guy at the top. People have short memories. They forget how great the economy was, and, how everything was humming along nicely. The timing couldn't have been worse for Trumps re-election chances.

Given the probably chances of Biden being elected, we are going to have a horror show on our hands. Police budgets cut and and someone with serious cognitive decline running the most powerful country in the world.

His poll rating has certainly been exacerbated by his administration's confused and erratic handling of Covid but there were plenty of other concerns as well. The economy was already beginning to decline before Covid. Furthermore, Trump has fulfilled almost none of his 2016 election promises

As for the next president, whether Trump or Biden, neither seems to be in full possession of their faculties. Whoever is elected, the next four years
don't look good for the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom