Windows Server 2019 - Access 2007 crashes when initializing a class module (1 Viewer)

syvers

Local time
Today, 14:05
Hi

I have an issue where Access 2007 is crashing on a new Windows Server 2019 machine. There is no error message it just simply crashes. It happens the moment a class module is initialized. In order to test it is not related to the code in the current class module I created a new class and instantiated it as follows:

Dim t as Object
Set t = new TestClass

In the test class I placed a message box in the initialize method, I know that message boxes are working as I used them to determine what part of the code was breaking when we only had Access runtime installed. I now have full Access 2007 installed on that machine and when I place breakpoints on Set t = new TestClass and a breakpoint inside the class initialize method it as soon as I step into Set t = new TestClass it crashes, it does not get to the Initialize breakpoint.

I also added an error handler but it does not make it into the error handler.

I am wondering if there could be a missing dll but the only one I could think of was vbe and whilst vbe6 was on the machine i have also registered vbe7 as we had issues in the past but still no success.

I am grateful for any help.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:05
there was a thread a couple of days about windows server and ms accesss.
access keeps on abnormally exiting everytime.
he solved it by allowing MS Access on DEP (Data Execution Prevention).

syvers

Local time
Today, 14:05
Thank you so much that is incredibly helpful and solved the issue. I did search the forums but could not find, so am very lucky that you saw it and this post.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:05
Good luck then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom