Wizards Not Launching (1 Viewer)

Treisio

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:29
Whenever I put an object on a form, I get this error message... http://imgur. com/vjRLaXw

I'll click "OK" and get this error message... http://imgur.com/qSirJci

This is a huge problem because it will not let me launch a query through code since all the wizards are disabled. Having the user create custom queries is important to the program. I'm not sure why this error started occurring, but I would be grateful if anyone has some tips.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
Is the problem isolated on one machine?

I've had a similar issue and it was because of something I installed without really knowing what I was doing. Look in Windows at your list of installed programs. Make sure that you only have one version of Access, and that you don't also have the runtime installed. If there is stuff that looks related to Access and you don't know what it is, I would recommend uninstalling it.

On another note, I would recommend building your own query builder interface. For nondevelopers, the built in query builder probably wont make sense. Also, the end users don't necessarily know how your tables are designed, nor should they need to know.

Treisio

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:29
Thank you. This worked. There are other computers that need to use run time to run another program. I'm not exactly sure why, but this program only works with the access run time. Is there anyway I can avoid having the run time and full version of access from interfering with each other? I know this is a stretch of a question, but I just want to see if you have any quick fixes.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
I'm not exactly sure why, but this program only works with the access run time.

Can you explain this? Is your development computer able to open the database at all? Does it open but not allow modifications? Is there an error when you open it? Is the full version of Access installed in your development computer?

Perhaps you are opening the program with the run time command line interface /r? What that means is that even with the full version of Access, we can open a database in run time mode. It strips our ability to modify database objects. If you are opening the program with a link, view the properties of the link and see if the /r is at the end of either the target or the path. I don't recall which one it will be after. Open the database directly to avoid any CLIs and be able to edit objects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom