Wrong way round! (1 Viewer)

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:57
Hello everyone
I've done everything the wrong way round, jumped in with both heavy hands on the keyboard, asked questions without really understanding what I wanted to know and which order I should be doing things in and I've posted a fair few questions without bothering to introduce myself!
HUGE APOLOGIES!
I'm not going to make lame excuses, I'm pretty sure I'm not the first 'newbie' to make those mistakes and probably wont be the last but I am sorry if I offended anyone.
The reason I am writing this now is because I have started to realise what the forum is, how it works and how generous people are. I've not used a forum before and really didn't expect so much help, especially when I also now realise I've asked questions that couldn't be answered properly because the questions were almost unanswerable!
I watched loads of video tutorials and kept reading the help menu but it wasn't until the folks on here started to share links and their knowledge that I had an idea of what I should be doing.
I now have the beginnings of a very basic understanding of what a db is, which is growing by the hour. Understanding is coming from trying to create my own db and from reading things, often more than once and from the answers to my posts.
I am very grateful to those people that have the time and patience to share their knowledge with me.
I am a semi-retired biologist that cannot function without having something for my brain to be challenged by......Access is certainly challenging the way I think about information and its use! I just hope I don't totally lose the plot in the process!
Good Luck and Best Wishes to All
Ani - Age 51 (sssshh dont tell everyone tho) in Derbyshire England

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:57
Welcome Ani! My older daughter lives in England, for a few more months anyway.

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul! I should imagine your daughter will be glad to get back to some nice dry Nevada weather, it is very soggy here at the minute.....it is in darkest Derbyshire anyway! But good reason to stay indoors and play with Access! :)
Ani

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:57
They've been over there close to 3 years now, so I think they're looking forward to coming back (we can actually see the sun here :p ). It is nice the way you're able to travel so easily to so many awesome places. London of course, they loved Edinburgh, they've popped over to Paris for weekends, and in a couple of weeks they're doing Rome over a long weekend. Traveling to Europe from here is a major undertaking, though we've gone over there several times. You get those cheap airfares that make traveling around so easy. I'm jealous!

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
I suppose 'cheap' is comparative....our standard of living and general living wage is low compared to the USA and quite a few other countries, or so I believe. Im not much of a traveller anyway, probably because as a child we moved around so much. My Dad was in the army. I like to stay close to home because of my animals too. I have always fancied coming to the USA for a holiday, to ride a horse on miles of open spaces would be incredible!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I have always fancied coming to the USA for a holiday, to ride a horse on miles of open spaces would be incredible!

Then do it while you are young and healthy enough to make a real fist of it, too many people put things off and then an illness or something gets in the way.

Brian

ps Derbyshire is a great place for walking, the hills aren't too high for an old guy like me. :D

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Then do it while you are young and healthy enough to make a real fist of it, too many people put things off and then an illness or something gets in the way.

Brian

ps Derbyshire is a great place for walking, the hills aren't too high for an old guy like me. :D

I could probably still manage it but I am limited by a debilitating condition and lack of finances! LOL
Derbyshire is beautiful in the most part, I still havnt explored all the places in it that Id like to!
Ani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom